Are there any REAL Romanians on f.com?

Fake ones need not respond.

Just what are you insinuating dear girl?

Well, although he’s being living on Sesame Street for a long time, I don’t know if he ever got permanent residence in the youessay. You’d have thought someone at Childrens’ Television Workshop could have got him a green card. Bunch 'o muppets.

Ha!

What are you people talking about? Some puppet show? Get real!

Meanwhile, I’m living in the real world over here and I want real Romanians, ok?

I’m not…but I’d like to visit Peles Castle. Maybe have a beer with King Michael.

I saw Pele play once in Vancouver. He was a little past his prime but still had some slick moves.

I saw Pele play once in Vancouver. He was a little past his prime but still had some slick moves.[/quote]
I know Romanians are a bit dark, but not that dark.

Pele has a castle in Romania?

My family comes from Romania. How’s that? Fits your requirement and exceedingly handsome to boot. Its a win-win situation.

Peles Castle…Sinaia, Romania

King Michael of Romania. He has just had Peles Castle returned to him.

Pele…“I was born for soccer, just as Beethoven was born for music." Arrogant, pompous words. Except when they are spoken by Edson Arantes do Nascimento, the Brazilian genius known throughout the football world as Pele.

I almost went to Romania with the Peace Corps, does that count?

I worked with a Romanian who tried to pass as a Canadian here. Hey, this is kinda like Six Degrees of Separation, only with Romanians being in the middle!

Have some patience, tash, and consider the level of sophistication of some of the people you are dealing with. Not everyone is an intellectual, and able to discuss your thread with the depth of knowledge that you and I can. I think what you need to understand is that many people today (young people, in particular) simply lack the education to go beyond the puppet shows and “get real”.

For some, I fear, the modern Hollywood/glitz-over-substance environment has made it all but impossible to get past the stereotypes. People have, in their head, images of Julius Caesar, the Colosseum, heroic battles in Gaul with heroes like Asterix and Obelix, hair combed forward in that peculiar way, men in inappropriate footwear hacking each other to death in the arena as portrayed in Gladiator, etc. – and they think that reflects the complete reality.

I, on the other hand, (as someone with a keen interest in geography and history) have taken the time to study the Romanians in greater detail, and benefited greatly from the journey. I even got a chance to see some Romanian ruins myself when I was in Italy. And let me tell you something, people: This was one impressive civilization.

Sure, everyone knows about the aqueduct because it was in Life of Brian. But did you also know that the Romanians had a powerful Senate, with voting power and influence based largely on wealth (no, the Americans did not invent this)? Did you know that they organized their army into “legions” of 5000 soldiers each, and that these legions were among the most disciplined and effective fighting forces the world had ever seen? Did you know that they were so highly educated that it was not uncommon to find humble farmers and labourers who spoke fluent Latin!?

In sum, I would like to join tash in urging people to drop the jokes, get beyond the puppet shows and stereotypes, and try to educate yourselves on this topic. You might be surprised how much you can learn.

:laughing:
That some funny sh$t, Hobbes!

OH!..those Romans…

ayaya.suepon.com/unit_data/romans.html