Are there Portuguese living in Taipei?

Hi there,

I’m looking for Portuguese living in Taipei. If you know any information or you yourself are Portuguese, please drop me a PM. Thanks!

I’m not, but out of curiosity do you know where to learn Portuguese in Taipei?
My portuguese is pretty darn rusty and I wouldn’t mind signing up for some classes.

[quote=“chichow”]I’m not, but out of curiosity do you know where to learn Portuguese in Taipei?
My portuguese is pretty darn rusty and I wouldn’t mind signing up for some classes.[/quote]

Well, there’s an institute near the MRT Zhongxiao Dunhua Station that offers Portuguese classes. But the teacher there is Brazilian. And that’s the reason why I’m looking for Portuguese…

I just started to learn Spanish in Taipei, as I gave up Chinese. I see I am not alone with such ideas.

Greetings to Portugal, I miss this delicious flame sausage I always ate in the Portugese restaurant. And the green wine of Portugal.

Sigh

[quote=“JeSuisWu”]Hi there,

I’m looking for Portuguese living in Taipei. If you know any information or you yourself are Portuguese, please drop me a PM. Thanks![/quote]

My great-great-grandparents were Portuguese. Does that count? :slight_smile:

Only if they are living in Taipei. :sunglasses:

I lived on the island of Terceira for a little over a year once, but I never got much past abrigato.

When I was in Lisbon people used to think I was a local and ask me for directions. So if we extrapolate from that, I am a passable-Portuguese-looking man living in Taipei. Is that close enough?

BTW, I loved your country. My time there will always remain a highlight of my travel experiences.

Sheesh…it’s “obrigado.” And it’s “obrigada” if you’re female. You lived there for a year and you never condescended to learn even a little of the local lingo?

Sheesh…it’s “obrigado.” And it’s “obrigada” if you’re female. You lived there for a year and you never condescended to learn even a little of the local lingo?[/quote]
That’s right. Obrigado Mr. Robado. I did go to a bullfight once.

ah Portugal Brazilian maschimillion Taiwan China… ok. i’m really just kidding. :smiling_imp:

Would anyone have the name and number of the institute mentioned earlier near TungHua Sogos? Much appreciated.

OT: I spent a little bit of time in Beantown (Boston). There is this part of town which is totally settled by Portuguese immigrants. It is down-right bizarre as when they are speaking among themselves, its perfectly accented Portuguese, but when they speak English complete native BAWStonian like wher ya pAAk ya CAA… :loco:

muito obrigado

From September on, there will be at least one…