Are there Taiwanese brands you really like?

Taiwanese brands or Made In Taiwan. Not thinking so much souvenir type things - more interested in everyday use items.

I used to really like htc back when it made some good phones in taiwan.

Becoming a fan of Gigabyte now, but im not a tech person.

Previously used to love kymco, switched to SYM and have nothing.good to say about them, next scooter will be a kymco or a gogoro.

They do quite well at instant noodles too but rarely eat them so cant comment on specific brands.

Taiwan has numerous pretty nice quality small brands making.rather specialty nd niche products. Also fun to search them out and.try new stuff.

3 Likes

This shit is the bomb.

7 Likes

Yeah! Hoping to get some ideas from you all :grin:

What do you use it on?

Meat, fried noodles, mixed with other condiments (sesame oil, vinegar, etc.) as a dip for shuijiao, etc., etc.

1 Like

ASUS and Gigabyte come to mind.

AMD partially made in Taiwan. (Diffused and often made in Taiwan)

2 Likes

SF三花
https://www.sf.com.tw/

2 Likes

Obvious ones are Gogoro, Adata, Asus and Giant. I’ll add Kavalan, Gigabyte, Benq, Merida, Super Flower and Seasonic.

Honorable mentions: Sunny Hills and Chia Te.

3 Likes

I prefer the non vegan version

1 Like

福源

Japanese love this.
1 Like

Din Tai Fung is the best Taiwanese brand if you are just respecting the craft

5 Likes

Taiwan Beer is a popular one.

3 Likes

Yes, the perennial debate…愛之味 or 牛頭牌. To me 愛之味 has a richer, saltier flavor, and 牛頭牌 is shrimpier and grittier. I much prefer 愛之味, but 牛頭牌 will do in a pinch.

I hear it’s won international awards… :smirk:

1 Like

18 Days.

And then Giant bicycles and Asus phones. I also like many specialty foods from different areas of Taiwan, like this Dzeng Ji moji from Hualien (don’t know who the girl is- I promise):

070 - The famous Moji Shop in Hualien

2 Likes

https://www.facebook.com/FUWANCHOCOLATE/ Fu Wan chocolate is really popular. Its a boutique chocolatier in Pingdong that won an international award. they now have a shop in 101 as well. Most famous is their honey chocolate. Its not cheap, but a recent local hero

4 Likes

You can’t like them both. You have to pick a side.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I’m going to check them out! I realized that I have probably passed by their booth before, but without a recommendation it wasn’t the kind of place that caught my attention enough for me to actually check out their stuff.