Are They Lowering Length for APRC to 3 Years?

So I’ve heard a rumor that it’s being lowered to 3 years. I haven’t found any substantiating evidence supporting this. Does anyone know anything or is this simply a rumor?

To apply?

To apply?[/quote]

Yes. It wouldn’t really be an APRC if it only lasted 3 years, now wouldn’t it?

To apply?[/quote]

Yes. It wouldn’t really be an APRC if it only lasted 3 years, now wouldn’t it?[/quote]

That’s what you put in your subject header!

Most likely this will be rumored for the next 15 months and then they will pass the legislation at which point I will have 5 years anyway.

I have not heard anything about this rumor but I’m not as connected as I once was.

That would be making single and married folk equals, no?

How are they not equal under the current APRC rules and how would it changed? I have no idea what this cryptic comment means.

A married to a national person does not need a work permit when the get an APRC. Only difference.

You don’t have any time requirement to be married… All you have to do is prove you’re married, healthy, and not a criminal and you can get your shiny JFRV.

OP: If you don’t have a source, it’s almost certainly a baseless rumor.

A JFRV has nothing to do with an APRC. The new rumor doesn’t change anything.

AFAIK a JFRV still needs to jump through the open work permit hoop. I think Mucha Man got in big problem because he hadn’t completed that formality.

You don’t have any time requirement to be married… All you have to do is prove you’re married, healthy, and not a criminal and you can get your shiny JFRV.

OP: If you don’t have a source, it’s almost certainly a baseless rumor.[/quote]

I mean equals in time required to get the APRC.

That would be nice.

Right, what I’m saying is that if you’re a (let’s say) Mexican citizen married to a Taiwanese national in Mexico, you can apply for a JFRV your first day in Taiwan. It’s impossible for APRCs to go on that same timeframe.

OP: If you don’t have a source, it’s almost certainly a baseless rumor.[/quote]

I mean equals in time required to get the APRC.

That would be nice.[/quote]

They are equal right now. If you are married to a local you still need 5 years to get an APRC. They are able to get a JFRV with open work rights immediately which essentially gives them most of the benefits of an APRC but they still need to wait 5 years to get an APRC.

Damn, this thread really got hijacked. So does anyone have info on this?

And as for the title being confusing, just look at the preposition people. If it was lowering the length of having an APRC then I would have used “of” instead of “for”.

No news means not true. I googled briefly and came up with nothing.

[quote=“Abacus”]

AFAIK a JFRV still needs to jump through the open work permit hoop. [/quote]

No work permit needed for JFRV, it automatically comes with open work rights.

A JFRV has nothing to do with an APRC. The new rumor doesn’t change anything.

AFAIK a JFRV still needs to jump through the open work permit hoop. I think Muzha Man got in big problem because he hadn’t completed that formality.[/quote]

No, I was booted out for not updating my arc after getting the jfrv in my passport. This was 2000 so I had to rely on the immigration officials who assured me I did not need to do anything more now that I had the visa in my passport.

Officially you would not need it, but you better have one as it’s not stated on your APRC that you’re married …

That was one of the modifications discussed in LY, to have a little more on the APRC stating your Open Work Permit status.

The rumour was that if married it would go to 3 years and on a work related ARC you could do it in 5 instead of 7 years … for almost two years now.