Are they really so ignorant?

So you know Taiwanese love to put that stupid plate behind their number plate stating their car is from the EU or some other country?

So today I see one of the parents have one on their car saying Germany. It did not have the German flag, but a swatstika on a perfect Nazi red background. Not the reverse one but the Nazi one.

Now I do not think they are Nazis. They are well off and highly educated.

Can they be so ignorant as not to know what it is?

Fuck, back home you would be in big shit for something like that.

After the concentration-camp themed restaurant in Taipei, I’d believe anything.

Is it wrong that my first thought was ‘Oooh, where is that? I wanna go!’ ?

Taiwaese to Nazi shit is akin to hipsters and Che Guavara. They don’t really care, they just think it looks cool and go with it. In the Taiwanese case Nazi shit is kind of like Buddhist shit, it reps Germany (which is good for the whole car thing) and the ridiculous trend of Euro plates is hot here now, still, even after a half dozen years.

As for the concentration camp restaurant, I’d be very weary of what comes out of the oven…wha?wha? dadada tssss!!! lol

I saw a dude the other day wearing a shirt that said " Arbeit macht frei! " and an SS on the sleeve. Clueless

Sure it wasn’t the SomethingAwful photoshop phriday pic, “Arby’s macht fries”?

[quote=“Deuce Dropper”]Taiwaese to Nazi shit is akin to hipsters and Che Guavara. They don’t really care, they just think it looks cool and go with it. In the Taiwanese case Nazi shit is kind of like Buddhist shit, it reps Germany (which is good for the whole car thing) and the ridiculous trend of Euro plates is hot here now, still, even after a half dozen years.

As for the concentration camp restaurant, I’d be very weary of what comes out of the oven…wha?wha? dadada tssss!!! lol[/quote]

I am gonna get my old “[color=#FF0000]Nanjing Massacre Rocks[/color]” T-shirt out!

WHAT IN THE ACTUAL F**K!?!? Where is it??? :fume:

[quote=“bigduke6”]

I am gonna get my old “[color=#FF0000]Nanjing Massacre Rocks[/color]” T-shirt out![/quote]

That would be awesome :thumbsup: Be sure to get it spelled out in Chinese characters though. This could turn into a fun trend for big noses around the island. How about get 20-30 different shirt designs for starters with sexually explicit and otherwise offensive statements written in Chinese and hand them out to foreigners, preferably ones that don’t even have a clue what they say. The rest can feign ignorance and smile at the repulsed locals

[quote=“louisfriend”][quote=“bigduke6”]

I am gonna get my old “[color=#FF0000]Nanjing Massacre Rocks[/color]” T-shirt out![/quote]

That would be awesome :thumbsup: Be sure to get it spelled out in Chinese characters though. This could turn into a fun trend for big noses around the island. How about get 20-30 different shirt designs for starters with sexually explicit and otherwise offensive statements written in Chinese and hand them out to foreigners, preferably ones that don’t even have a clue what they say.[/quote]

Maybe I can do a run of printed T’s saying "A Comfort Woman a day ensures ya aint Gay

It was a few years back:
independent.co.uk/news/world … 27310.html

And of course 7-11 Hitler:
news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/28/7- … ike-items/

Then there was the California blonde airhead (not meaning to be a lookist/locationist/ableist) I met in India who had bought a bunch of clothes with really cool Hindu cosmic sun signs on them that she was planning to sell in Europe…

There was also some [strike]guy[/strike] bloke writing an op-ed in the Taipei Times a few days ago explaining how all the Union Jack patterns you see in Asia represented a victory for Britain’s “soft power”.

Well, it’s not just Taiwan:
news.yahoo.com/adolf-hitler-stum … 48806.html

[quote]

This 54-year-old father of three has won three elections to the state assembly with little controversy over being named after the Nazi dictator.

His father had worked with the British army, but apparently developed enough of a fascination with Great Britain’s archenemy to name his son Adolf Hitler — though he also gave him the middle name Lu, Hitler said.

“I am aware at one point of time Adolf Hitler was the most hated person on Earth for the genocide of the Jews. But my father added ‘Lu’ in between, naming me Adolf Lu Hitler, and that’s why I am different,” Hitler told The Associated Press from the small village of Mansingre, 200 kilometers (125 miles) west of Gauhati, the capital of the nearby state of Assam.

Hitler said his name has not stopped him from traveling the world, including to the United States and Germany.

“I never had problems obtaining a visa but I was asked many times during immigration as to why I should have such a name. I told the immigration staff I possibly didn’t have a role in my naming,” he said.

India had thousands of troops fighting alongside the allies in World War II, especially in North Africa and Burma, but many Indians view Hitler not as the personification of evil but as a figure of fascination. Hitler’s book “Mein Kampf” is prominently displayed at many Indian bookstores. The owner of a menswear shop named his store “Hitler,” then expressed puzzlement last year after Israel complained.[/quote]

Of course, there is a Napoleon dessert and the whole Che Guevara T Shirt thing and of course the Mao memorabilia and the Mount Blanc Red Star series of designer items… hmmmm What to think?

What a load of fucking horseshit. You’d think the English would be in traction by now because of how hard they constantly pat themselves on the fucking back.

Is all the ‘Roots Canada’ bullshit you see on every third person walking the streets of Taipei a representation of Canadian omnipresent soft power?

Nobody loves them some English more than the English.

Its a trend brought forth by marketing people to sell units of clothing, not a grassroots political statement.

ENGUUURRRRLAND ENGURRRRLAND!!!

Be happy some of you miserable, pasty bastards had some ancestors with foresight who escaped and went on to create beautiful nations like Australia, Canada, the US and NZ.

Britain’s soft power? The fuck our with that nonsense! How can it be soft when every royal subject is perpetually jamming their ways down our collective throats?

Keep waxing poetically about your brown sauce, to the rest of us it is diuretic nonsense

I never bought a red book CHina, and I didn’t go to see Mao’s body, Never. But the Mao memorabilia?? Tickled me silly. I used to think, the man must be turning in his glass cubicle, knowing that for all the communism he so loved and propagated, he is the poster boy of capitalism in China. Put his face on anything and it sells. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And no, Chinese don’t buy his face, Wai Guo Ren do. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Yes, there is the Mel Brooks Producers approach which suggests that the best revenge is to turn something into a mindless joke of a consumer item. I would suggest that the concentration camp restaurant, however, was probably not the best approach but… Hitler as a cartoon character selling butt wipes for children… that might be well-deserved ignominy.

Yes, there is the Mel Brooks Producers approach which suggests that the best revenge is to turn something into a mindless joke of a consumer item. I would suggest that the concentration camp restaurant, however, was probably not the best approach but… Hitler as a cartoon character selling butt wipes for children… that might be well-deserved ignominy.[/quote]
Oh no the concentration camp restaurant was bad :noway: :noway: . But things like, Germans being the biggest contributor to the Israeli cause or sth. like that would really be irony at its best!

not really any different to foriegners buying mao t shirts and commie gear in china is it? same breed of dumbass.

It’s kind of different because the Chinese sell that crap to travellers, in China.