Are vaccines going to be compulsory for teachers?

What have people heard?

Isn’t this kind of unethical? Blackmail?

1 Like

The CECC has so far not made vaccination mandatory, and neither has the MOE.

The crisis in ethics you’ve proposed is, at least for now, simply your proposal. :nerd_face:

Guy

4 Likes

Not unethical at the least. Teachers, like medical and airline personnel, should be required to be vaccinated, as they come into close contact with lots of people as part of their jobs, and are at high risk of exposure. And kids, not eligible to vaccinated (yet!) are a prime channel for spreading viruses.

It’s a public health issue.

13 Likes

So where do you draw the line? Teachers don’t come into contact with more people than say bus drivers/mrt workers etc.

Teachers come into contact with the same people every day in a controlled environment.

4 Likes

Are you teaching philosophy? Or just interested on the side in inventing and then debating moral dilemmas? :rofl:

Guy

4 Likes

Are you vaccinated? Do you wish to be vaccinated?

Today I am a philosopher. Next week, I may be seen as a fortune teller.

My main aim is to find out if people have heard anything about this issue.

1 Like

Hey if you have connections to folks in the MOE, let me know! That would be genuinely useful.

And if not, please excuse me.

Guy

I’m going to go with YES. You already need a measles vaccine to get an ARC, the covid vaccine will be required soon too.

Also, I heard rumblings that schools will be the ones who can decide wether or not its mandatory. I believe that it’s going to be mandatory by the employers as they can advertise this to parents.

"Fear not our teachers are vaccinated"

THE PROBLEM, that I have with this is that one dose of said vaccine isn’t going to stop the spread of the virus in any case. A single dose and un-vaxed teacher would have the same issues, they can receive and spread the virus. The schools want some kind of protection from criticism. “our teacher was vaccinated! it’s not our fault covid spread here”

This is very dangerous and irresponsible behavior. My co-worker has already threatened to quit if the vaccine he gets is anything other than mRNA. You’re going to see a lot of upset people.

4 Likes

I don’t have any connections. Does anyone else?

I don’t have direct connections but there is a message circulating around some teacher circles from apparently with people with gov connections that the schools will vaccinate buxiban teachers ASAP and then allow schools to open if said teacher are vaccinated or you have to submit a negative test every 7days like gym trainers do.

Now, I don’t know how accurate all this is.

please be aware this might not be true at all, but I keep hearing this from people.

1 Like

even if it’s an ethical issue that doesn’t really give you leverage. The MOE makes the rules. You’re welcome to self-immolate in front of the Presidential Palace but it won’t achieve much.

5 Likes

I would rather just wait for a vaccine that is approved in my home country. I’m ok with taking a covid vaccine, just not the AZ one.

2 Likes

Well then expect to spend a few months busking in Hsimenting. :wink:

1 Like

Take the vaccine or self immolate? No other options? Only fans?

4 Likes

If it’s mandatory, does that mean if I refuse to get vaccinated I could WFH for forever? :thinking:

2 Likes

They should be mandatory!

4 Likes

But even one dose of either vaccine will significantly reduce the chances of becoming infected or spreading it. I know that’s not ideal, especially if you are someone that might be particularly vulnerable, but I suppose this is all a matter of risk benefit management.

Which is what they have and my school pretty much pressured me into getting it :upside_down_face:

Sorry for double post but serious question. Why should a vaccine that doesn’t even work well and hasn’t been out for a long time be required? Even on the cdc website they make it pretty clear they don’t know how long it will last or everything that can go wrong.

1 Like