Are vaccines going to be compulsory for teachers?

I’ve never heard of one in my life. They must be really strong and healthy.

I was never so sick in my life until I started teaching kids. I would never get sick. The first 2 years of teaching I swear I had covid 1 through 18.

8 Likes

They are little mucus, virus factories. And they touch everything in the class too. :nauseated_face: :laughing:

Well, let’s not praise them too much. I see plenty of people riding scooters without helmets, running red lights, and stop signs. But, they’re all wearing their masks.

3 Likes

and helmets. Remember they are wearing helmets too.

The pcr requirement should be there after 1 dose. You can’t tell me that 1 dose is sufficient. We are under some assumption that it will be all good once Taiwan gets 1 dose in 60%.

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Definitely not extinct. That still is an issue in Germany.

I thought that was pubic lice? Brazilians did for them, but in Germany they’re still clinging onto the defiantly unwaxed.

More likely the chance of Delta or some other variant suddenly spreading ferociously throughout society (see India, Brazil, etc.) Were that to happen you would quickly see the hesitant and yes even some anti-vaxxers desperately clamoring for a jab like Titanic passengers searching for a lifeboat.

I wish we had more of this emotive imagery on forumosa.

4 Likes

Not right after a post about pubic lice though.

[quote=“BiggusDickus, post:224, topic:209842, full:true”]

Crabs? How do kids get them? :scream:

Yeah but it seems like the vaccines could still protect people to some extent. The mutation is inevitable once it spreads.

That’s my point. Get vaccinated first chance you have to have as much protection as possible. Don’t “hold up”.

But it seems like we don’t have the delta in the community. Once it’s in it’s in, but if it’s out you could still block them out. Just my opinion.

This needs to be explicitly tackled.

1. Bayer never “gave people AID (sic)”. This, I will presume refers to how AIDS was being transmitted via blood transfusion and similar products in the 1970s and 80s before it was ever even officially described as a disease; let alone a pandemic; let alone officially dubbed “AIDS” or caused by the virus HIV (and actually still is given that those with conditions requiring regular blood transfusion are the single most at-risk group for all blood-borne pathogens).

While this is of course; absolutely and deeply unfortunate, it is the result of that particular virus and disease and what-is-now 40-to-50 years ago of scientific understanding. It is also about blood transfusion treatments and not a vaccine.

To imply that such incredibly out-dated (again – 40-50 years ago) lack-of-understanding of a blood-borne disease (ie: one that is only transmitted through the specific bodily fluids of blood, semen, and vaginal fluid) is comparable to contemporary vaccination of an air-borne pathogen is… … … willfully ignorant at best and beyond my ability to describe at its most likely.

1. The birth defects caused by thalidomide’s use by people (men and women; though the most significant was its prescription as treatment for a morning sickness in women before Day-42 of a pregnancy) were indeed horrific. However, again, you are making a disturbingly horrible comparison to the current situation. For one, Thalidomide still has very significant and useful applications for cancer treatment – it’s a prevalent prescription in that treatment and yet you only focus on what happened… 60 years ago (ie: before it was restricted to only. It’s not been OTC for any use – let alone by pregnant women --in any country since 1962. Make note that drugs used exclusively as cancer treatment are generally not available OTC because everything we’ve found to be effective against cancers are indeed destructive to the body. The issue here is that there has literally been no other use in the entire world for this particular drug in… 60 years. Not even in countries with low-or-no regulations. Once it became apparent that it was genuinely damaging with little everyday “benefit”, its OTC use was full-on stopped. If anything, it’s the greatest example against your deepest implications in using it here.

2. It’s interesting how you couldn’t even come up with a vaccine-related crisis. You alluded to the blood-infusion-related issue (not crisis-level and really not exclusive to Bayer products and services) and the drug-as-OTC crisis. However, you got nothing for anything vaccine-related that you could bring up here – and for good reason.

Drugs and non-drug,-non-vaccine-related treatments are not equivalent to vaccines or each other. And that you had to misrepresent 50+ year old issues to attempt to cast shade on a current one shows just how shade-less COVID vaccines really are.

That you know of today. It takes years sometimes for issues to show up. I think people will be more comfortable after seeing a year or two of data. Speaking for myself only.

4 Likes

For me it’s at least 10 years of data :ghost:

3 Likes

10 years of data? you really think mRNA or whatever vaccine you administer is going to screw you up for life?

I think your description here is a misrepresentation actually - the Bayer subsidiary did apparently knowingly continue selling contaminated blood products after the mode of transmission of HIV was discovered, especially in Asia and South America, because they didn’t want to lose their investment in the product so chose to dump it in those markets instead (despite having already developed a heat-treated version where the virus had been destroyed). It’s easily googleable. Some examples:

When Bayer’s Cutter Laboratories realized that their blood products, Factor VIII and IX or antihemophiliac factor (AHF), were contaminated with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV), the financial investment in the product was considered too high to destroy the inventory. Cutter misrepresented the results of its own research and sold the contaminated AHF to overseas markets in Asia and Latin America without the precaution of heat treating the product recommended for eliminating the risk. As a consequence, hemophiliacs who infused the HIV-contaminated Factor VIII and IX tested positive for HIV and developed AIDS.

The Times said at least 100 hemophiliacs in Hong Kong and Taiwan alone contracted AIDS after using the older product, and that many have since died. Li Wei-chun said her son, who died in 1996 at the age of 23, was among the victims.

“They did not care about the lives in Asia,” she said. “It was racial discrimination.”

Cutter also sold the older medicine in Argentina, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, and Singapore after February 1984, according to the documents. The newspaper said Cutter shipped more than 100,000 vials of unheated concentrate, worth more than $4 million, after it began selling the safer product.

A division of the German pharmaceutical company Bayer knowingly sold blood-clotting agents infected with HIV to Asia and Latin America months after withdrawing them from Europe and the US, an American newspaper claimed yesterday.

Cutter Biological continued to dump stocks of the factor VIII blood-clotting agent for haemophiliacs on poor countries for nearly a year after introducing a safer alternative, the report in the New York Times said.

Thalidomide is a different story about enantiomers and stuff that I can’t be bothered getting into (but I do believe that case was mostly accidental - something that researchers and regulatory authorities genuinely weren’t aware of at the time and that changed the industry afterwards).

2 Likes