Are we going camping this year or what?

Last year was Neiwan…this year ne?

Anyone getting the urge for frogs at night, those little twinkly things in the sky at night…stars, right.

We have options:

1. Fu long beach campsite

2. “camping” in san xia (with swimming pool and H/C showers and a restuarant)

3. Head to the hills

4. ???

Got gear? :smiley:

No got gear, but soon can get. When and where?

Oh, I am all for it. Last year was awesome, here is a little reminder of the fun we had:
homepage.mac.com/igorveni/PhotoAlbum18.html

I rode my motorbike to the Neiwan Camp last Saturday…

Remember that first water stop on the Wuling trip JD? well, 20-25 mins up that side road is the camp, so not far at all.

The camp looks like they haven’t touched it since we were there a year ago, with long grass and everything overgrown…but sure is a nice spot. I was going to ask them about any booking coming up, but honestly, I think getting in there again wouldn’t be a problem - I couldn’t find anyone around.
I hiked up to that Waterfall too, and had a great swim.

Whatever spot is determined, I’m very much keen for BYO everything this time (food and drinks). It was just too much work and hassle for the Mao’s, and all the money changing hands was a pain too.

Campfire, BBQ, Steaks, Beer, Swimming, Talking shit.

We’ve got gear, weekends free, but no car; if we can get a ride*, we’ll most probably go! :slight_smile: Let’s do it!!!

*smoke-free preferred

[quote=“Truant”]I rode my motorbike to the Neiwan Camp last Saturday…

Remember that first water stop on the Wuling trip JD? well, 20-25 mins up that side road is the camp, so not far at all.

The camp looks like they haven’t touched it since we were there a year ago, with long grass and everything overgrown…but sure is a nice spot. I was going to ask them about any booking coming up, but honestly, I think getting in there again wouldn’t be a problem - I couldn’t find anyone around.
I hiked up to that Waterfall too, and had a great swim.

Whatever spot is determined, I’m very much keen for BYO everything this time (food and drinks). It was just too much work and hassle for the Mao’s, and all the money changing hands was a pain too.

Campfire, BBQ, Steaks, Beer, Swimming, Talking shit.[/quote]

I’m in…Let’s get this set up.

Does anyone know where I can get a tent with a/c?

Anything closer than that?
Or is the back road faster?

[quote=“jdsmith”]Anything closer than that?
Or is the back road faster?[/quote]
By Car, the way via Neiwan would be faster I think as you can take the freeway, then highway for a while.
I’d seriously consider loading up the bike and going up the gorge, it’s a great road. About 90 mins from the camp to Belgian Pies in Sanxia, so not too far considering how awesome it is.

Once I get this pesky situation of finding a job, I will love love to do it with . So would Chocky :smiley:

This is gonna be sometimes in July right?

V and I are going camping on the 25th of July, and will come back on the 30th. We will be in Canada until the 25th, so we wouldn’t be able to do anything before that. Last year was great, but this year, it should be every man (or woman) for themselves, food-wise.

This belly was there last year.Can you identify it?

That can’t be me!!

Die hen wat die eerste gekekkel het, het die eier gele!

so jds, what day? are you the organizer since this is your thread?

Count me in.

woohoo! Frozen Margaritas.

^^^ Given that you answered in 7 minutes I guess you’re thirsty! You sure you can hold out until August? :wink:
If the interest is there, I’d be happy to mix some up for the campers. :slight_smile:

[quote]
This belly was there last year.Can you identify it?[/quote]

That’s my old one isn’t it?

I’d be up for camping for sure. Best weekends for me are 7/28, and 8/5.

Brian