ARE we TOO demanding? Or does the agency fools us?

We are living 4 months here and our house is giving us quiet a few problems even until now.
Leaking roofs, leaking windows, the normal sh** when facing Typhoons, so no big deal. Not the landlord fault. Things were repaired as well as it could be and Typhoon season is over soon.

For a matter of time, we have problems with the water pressure. Warm water was like an Angle peeing, but they installed a water booster BEHIND the warm water container giving us enough pressure. The problem we had was that the water was not hot enough as we had to point the shower tap at the maximum position and even then, it was barely “hot” only warm. The workers changed

Fire off a letter or move out to greener pastures.

If you’re paying more than 100K per month for that kind of standard you are being seriously ripped off.
But why can’t you just get the workmen to re-adjust the temp? Too cold before, now it’s too hot? How about “in the middle?”

They’re just taking a big shit on you I think. For 100k/month and over, you SHOULD be expecting “Belgium standard” and you should tell the agency so, in no uncertain terms.

No option to move out, too much too handle for wife and baby…

Getting a lawyer was an option, but would worsen the “good” relationship…

Get a plumber yourself and send the landlord the bill.

[quote=“sandman”]If you’re paying more than 100K per month for that kind of standard you are being seriously ripped off.
But why can’t you just get the workmen to re-adjust the temp? Too cold before, now it’s too hot? How about “in the middle?”

They’re just taking a big shit on you I think. For 100k/month and over, you SHOULD be expecting “Belgium standard” and you should tell the agency so, in no uncertain terms.[/quote]

The pressure is not always the same where we live, so adjusting the temperature “in the middle” works only temporarely. When it will become colder in the next months the temperature will have to be adjusted again, and again… Problem is also that that thing is on the 5th floor, well hidden and difficult to reach.

I do share your opinion that they should offer a descent quality for that price…

Leave it scalding hot - use the faucet tap to draw off the excess heat.

The ‘must accept low quality, you’re in atiwan’ response is bullshit. We bought a place recently and concerning all similar problems, with a maximum amount of bu hao isse on our part, but constantly demanding the changes, we have been met with satisfactory resolution.

Hey man, it’s just of question of how much is it worth to you. If you can solve it by lets say - clearing the particle trap on the faucet - then do that.
Of course, you can always give yourself an ulcer over this.

I said in an earlier thread that you need:
The presence of Caesar
The patience of Buddha
The wisdom of Socrates
The foresight of Machiavelli
Ability to take it up the *ss like a man

Possibly I should add focus on the key issues.

My water pressure is fine 'cause that’s one of the first things I check before I move in.

ceevee, I second what the other guy said about finding a plumber yourself (have your wife ask friends) but deduct it from your rent. My husband’s done that before with no problems.

I’ve met your lovely wife and son. I’m sure your wife appreciates that you don’t want to put them through another move.

I do hope that your company isn’t one of those that pays 12 months rent in advance.

My agency never heard about Socrates, Caesar and the other guys. :noway:
They only understand $$$ signs when complaining…

Water pressure WAS OK when we moved in, so there could be a leak under the ground (did not received my water bill yet, but as the water is dirt cheap, I would not pay attention I guess)

We’ll get a plomber ourselves and send the bill, that will “offend” them but what the heck… do not have to live with those agency people anyway…

Why don’t you get your comapny staff to help out? :noway: :noway:

I would start looking for another place to live. :unamused: :unamused:

Thanks for all the replies. Will get in touch with our company lawyer next week.