Are you a dog? šŸ¶

Crazy cows, smoking cats, squirrels, green fucked up octopuses and gigantic ratsā€¦ this forum has them all! Now, how much of a dog are you? Can you hear like a dog?

https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/

When you are born you can hear up to certain frequency and then it only goes down. I was with a friend who is older than me in a supermarket and she couldnā€™t hear a very annoying noise coming from some stupid extractor in the ceiling. I couldnā€™t believe that she couldnā€™t hear it!

Anyway, maybe any of us will be able to hear such high pitch noises in 20 years from now becauseā€¦ yeah, our hearing range becomes narrower.

How old are you and whatā€™s the highest frequency you can hear? and how low?

2 Likes

On the internet, nobody knows youā€™re a dog.

Nobody.

3 Likes

What?

2 Likes

I could hear up to 16khz
Whatā€™s the average?

1 Like

That could be pretty good depending on your age. Iā€™m above what is supposed to be normal for my age, I think it was 15400 Hz or so, but again it was veeeeeeeery low.

2 Likes

Unless you tell them.

Even then, they might not believe you.

This was a thing, like, ten years ago. ā€œThe Mosquitoā€ they called it. Kids were using it as a ringtone that their teachers couldnā€™t hear. A shopkeeper used it as a teenager repellent because he didnā€™t like the locals loitering around his door. Iirc he was ordered to stop because it was disturbing the peace.

2 Likes

Never seen one of thoseā€¦ :idunno:

Iā€™m between 42 Hz and 14,500 Hz. And I have seriously bad tinnitus from all the years of Rock 'n Roll. 55 years old.
So I guess Iā€™m not deaf yet.

Guy

1 Like

Same here, bad tinnitus and still woof.

3 Likes

30 to 12,600, age 66.

Anyway I can hear 40 to about 15,000

Iā€™m 37 years old.

1 Like

I heard zip.

So maybe Iā€™m deaf? And Iā€™m not telling my age. just know Iā€™m old enough to vote, drink, smoke, drive a car and raise a kid. :wink:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: Like, who cares? :roll_eyes:

Guy

1 Like

30s here.

18500 is my max

1 Like

Damn, sonā€¦ you have super hearing.

2 Likes

The notification on my phone:

DrewC replied to youā€¦ Are you a dog? Damn, sonā€¦ you have super hearing.

:rofl:

In fact, 18000 is still quite clear to me. Itā€™s almostā€¦deafening that todayā€™s TVs dont have that CRT whine. Anyone with a CRT in their house will inevitably bring me down to memory lane of the 1990s when they turn on their TV.

My cousins have to turn off their antidog/anticat system in their backyard when I come over cause it gives me a headache.

3 Likes

This might be a dogā€¦

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP3gzee1cps

2 Likes

Woof!