Are You a Typical English Teacher?

What’s a Typical English Teacher?

• I’m fresh out of uni, looking to see a bit of the world before I settle down
  • I’m a middle aged whoring, alcoholic misfit with severe problems back home. I ONLY date my students.
  • I came to see a bit of the world, but now I’m turning in to a whoring alcoholic etc etc
  • I am a dedicated, professional teacher. I take my job seriously and I do it well.
  • I am here to spread the gospel of western culture through the medium of English. I SHALL succeed.
  • How dare you try to catergorize me. You can’t pigeon-hole me with stupid surveys.

0 voters

Many myths and stereotypes surround the occupation of ESL teacher. Most are unfavourable, but are they grounded in fact?

So let’s clear this up once and for all. Which are you?

No vote. None of the categories describe me; I’m not fresh out of uni; I’m not middle-aged and whoring; I’m not an alcoholic misfit or an over-serious teaching snob; nor am I an evangelical using English teaching to proselytize. Not even the last choice describes me. I don’t fear pidgeon-holing.

TS[quote]I’m not fresh out of uni; I’m not middle-aged and whoring; I’m not an alcoholic misfit or an over-serious teaching snob; nor am I an evangelical using English teaching to proselytize. Not even the last choice describes me. I don’t fear pidgeon-holing.[/quote]

Talkie Toaster:“So you’re a waffle man?”

Anyone who has had the misfortune to see me climb aboard my well-used soapbox in the Teaching English in Taiwan forum know which one I chose:

“I’m a middle aged whoring, alcoholic misfit with severe problems back home. I only date my students.”

Wait, that’s not right.

:doh:

none of the above

I picked “I am a dedicated, professional teacher. I take my job seriously and I do it well.” It feels good to give myself a big pat on the back. :wink:

I picked “I came to see a bit of the world, but now I’m turning in to a whoring alcoholic etc etc” Just because I always like to use the word whoring to describe myself.

One vote for “This is an idiotic trolling-poll.”

how many hours do U need to qualify as an english teacher? i taught maybe… 60-80 hrs in total last year… sO I am guessing I am not the typical english teacher , othewise they would be super skinny and sleeping on the street…

If I was a typical anything I wouldn’t be 35, married with no kids, AND living in Taiwan. I can whore myself to a lot better people then a buxiban laoban.

Sorry Diablo

I find it very difficult to concentrate on anything you say when you have a picture of Jimmy Hill next to your name.

Why on Earth would you want to do that?

Opilec,

I posted Jimmy’s visage as I think we share a similar habit of spouting nonsense.

And his chin is somewhat dignified.