What’s a Typical English Teacher?
- I’m fresh out of uni, looking to see a bit of the world before I settle down
- I’m a middle aged whoring, alcoholic misfit with severe problems back home. I ONLY date my students.
- I came to see a bit of the world, but now I’m turning in to a whoring alcoholic etc etc
- I am a dedicated, professional teacher. I take my job seriously and I do it well.
- I am here to spread the gospel of western culture through the medium of English. I SHALL succeed.
- How dare you try to catergorize me. You can’t pigeon-hole me with stupid surveys.
Many myths and stereotypes surround the occupation of ESL teacher. Most are unfavourable, but are they grounded in fact?
So let’s clear this up once and for all. Which are you?