Are you Canadian?

The question about which city never won an Olympic bid was a trick question. Winnipeg isn’t a real city. :raspberry:

Me and my canadian friend after several tries finally got 9!!!..how’s those apples???

Thank God for all those “Canadian Heritage” commercials. Got a 6. But it’s not really fair because my friend and I did it together and we each answered 3 correct questions. Hahaha

Did anyone get the question: What is a canuk’s best friend?
1)dog
2)beaver
3)polar bear
4)beaver tails
5)CANADIAN beer
(U Americans know ur beer tastes like crap. Come on, be honest.)

I got that question right!

I got 8 the first time and 9 the second time… missed the one on “which wasn’t invented or created or discovered in Canada” 'cause I took too long to answer.

Why? Trick Question. Basketball, as everyone should know, was invented by a Canadian, but he was at an American university when he did it.

And anyone who gets the one on “fiddleheads” is a probably a Newfie and therefore not really Canadian :wink:

BTW I like the “I am Canadian” ads and I like the Guess Who song American Woman.

I think the need for Canadians to distinguish themselves from the Americans is a lot deeper than the earlier poster might think.

I think it has a lot to do with being on the “losing side” of the American Revolution when the Americans kicked out all the loyalist and the “winning side” of the War of !812, when Brits and Canadians repelled an American invasion. (American interpretations of this war notwithstanding.)

Still, the tendency/need to distinguish oneself from one’s near-neighbours is not bull shit nor is it limited to Canadians and Americans.

For example, Scotland’s “unofficial National Anthem” Flower of Scotland relives the glorious victory over the English - 800 years ago.

And the Welsh are forever telling the world that “Wales is NOT part of England,” only because the English keep insisting that it is!

Serbs, Bosnians and Croats distinguish themselves from the others by using different alphabets and rocket launchers.

Canadians distinguish themselves with trivia quizzes and Canada Cup / Olympic hockey tournaments.

It’s not so bad. :wink:

4 & I’m English:

I got a 1, because if I got higher, then I wouldn’t be alive still…canadians…grrr…

Got a 5…ahhhhh… oh well, need to catch up on a bit of Canadian history eh? At least, I didn’t fail lol.

4 right, 8 wrong, guess being born in Canadia isn’t enough to be Canajan.

Eight out of 10

Well I got a 5, the fiddleheads question tough, I thought Canadians loved scrabble :frowning:
And the hockey question not fair, as the answer is an american team :frowning: who knew blackhawks so old…

Prity sad 3. And thats cuz of history.

I got 6 this time. Yeah, I’m Canadian. Gotta go sew a maple leaf on my backpack now.

Do you north of the border types play Scrabble at all? I’d be willing to spell center as centre. dylemi@yahoo.com