Are you doing anything to clean your water post-typhoon?

It’s “convenience store”. :grandpa: :sunglasses:

I ran the tap yesterday and it was slightly cloudy; today it was crystal clear. I will still boil and filter it for a while yet; who knows what residual gunk remains in the system and in the rooftop water tanks.[/quote]

Come on, dude, cut the Panic Queen a break, she’s clearly suffering from PT(yphoon)SD.
Anyways, how do you know she didn’t mean an actually convenient store???

As of tonight, it stopped being cloudy here, but it’s still looking pretty yellowish, about on the order of a 3rd or 4th beer pesh, depending.
It’ll probably take a day or more for their clean water to make it through the already fouled system, I reckon.

Getting sick after using water in Danshui. Shower or brushing teeth. Will be scrubbing the house again, but I think it’s the water. Sore throat and burning sensation in stomach. Not too bad, but annoying.

The Danshui River is filthy!

Don’t use that water to brush your teeth.

My local B & Q has a KDF shower filter for NT 3000. I read up on KDF filters and they are supposedly good for chlorine and bacteria, but not for chloramine. You might want to get one of those filters (which I myself am considering), but you also might want to be absolutely sure that there isn’t chloramine in the water in your area. I checked on the Taiwan Water Department’s English website for my district and found a report that included the chlorine level, but did not mention chloramine. I am hesitant to take that as the last word on the issue as they may be translating “chloramine” as “chlorine”. It wouldn’t surprise me. :laughing:

Used to have one of those. You notice an improvement in hair and skin condition. Unfortunately in my building water pressure is really low so the filter had to go.

And for the thousand time, Panic Queen is not a Native speaker. Mistakes come with the learning. Gee, and you guyscall yourselves English teachers. Tsk, tsk.

Listen, that might just be all the purple frigging rice. Me, I’ve never trusted that shit for a second.
Just saying.

Screw them, palomita, they’re just jealous. :thumbsup:

Heads up: newspaper headlines do say that if there is murkiness in the water, they will stop the service. So please save a few gallons for emergency use a day or two.

Pets will have clean water at the day care:

[quote=“zender”]The Danshui River is filthy!

Don’t use that water to brush your teeth.[/quote]

I think not only that river, but all rivers in Taiwan passing a city or town. I do hope everything will be good this weekend, if the Typhoon decides to come north from where it seems it been for awhile.

Use a water distiller. I.use it even without a typhoon. PC Home sells some models. Or you can bring one from back home.