Are (young) Taiwanese gay men into Western guys? Does age matter? (It doesn't to Thais, Filipinos)

western sugar daddy’s are popular with some gays. The concept of love is not the same in Chinese culture as in the West. I don’t know that much about the gay community since I am not gay. But I did meet some gay guy at a party from a friend, and he was pretty clear about his motives for dating western guys… suck them dry and then dump them.

1 Like

Not sure if euphemism… :thinking:

2 Likes

Well I wasn’t saying ALL Asian guys were friendly etc …merely I had a perception that they were and were generally less ageist than in the west…which is actually really bad.
I know there are gold-diggers and scammers in all cultures-I’m not naive and certainly encountered plenty in the Philippines.
However,your comment about this guy wanting “to suck them dry”(I’m sure no sexual pun was intended!)-has for the time being,put me off looking for a Taiwanese guy.Im sure there are plenty of genuine guys,but it now sounds increasingly risky!!
Maybe I was swayed too much by surveys showing Taiwan was the second friendliest country in the world,and easy for expats to make friends. .

I would say for anyone, gay or straight, your best option is to stay “age appropriate”. Apart from the fact that you’re more likely to have congruent life views, men or women looking for older partners are often (not always) looking for some financial advantage, and I don’t think that’s anything to do with “Asian Culture” per se.

5 Likes

It’s really not about numbers (as in age)-but in who you’re naturally attracted to,and in my case,it’s guys in their 20’s and 30s.
I don’t think there is anything “inappropriate” in wanting a younger partner,as long as they’re a consenting adult,there is no exploitation or abuse.I don’t agree with the taboo against age differences.
Naturally,younger people from less prosperous countries or backgrounds will want an older partner at least partly because of the prospect of a better life-but genuine love can also be there even then.

I wasn’t suggesting it was inappropriate. I’ve had partners considerably older or younger than myself. Simply pointing out that it comes with certain issues that you have to be realistic about.

1 Like

@SweetEngland66 : I would say, asians especially those residing in Asian countries tend to be less discriminating in terms of race - but certainly not on age, if it is in terms of asians vs westerners. I encounter a lot of westerners that are not fond of asians, rather than not being fond of older age.

If you are looking for hook-up, and if you are good looking regardless of your age or race, then you will get hook-ups.

If you are looking for relationship, then chemistry matters - and I don’t think age or race should play a big role in that.

Pretty certain you are not that naive, but what we are pointing out here is that your perception is not really accurate - based on our own experiences (as someone who is asian and leaving in an asian country). Trust me, as someone who grew up in Philippines and raised in a Filipino culture - I know how pinoys mind work.

Is this true ? I could somehow understand that East Asian men are not so hot, but Asians in general ? There is a pretty big variation in Asia, from Israel to Taiwan …

Are Taiwanese gay men different in mindset on the whole,to Filipinos?

My attraction/interest is mainly south east Asian (Thai,Filipino etc) and east Adian (Taiwanese,Chinese,Korean) guys.
I’d don’t have much knowledge or experience of West Asians or the Indian subcontinent.

Yes. :grinning:

As a young western Asian, I personally don’t think we are more aggressive or less friendlier than Asians from SEA. It’s really hard to stereotype all Asians from SEA are nice, calm demeanour and looking for older guys. Take me for example, I personally prefer guys older than me whether they’re western or not.

1 Like

It depends. Not all about race is all about personality.
By the way I would love to know you, am single now lol.