Arnie 2012?

I watched Pumping Iron again the other day. The way he shuts down Lou Ferrigno in that movie is brilliant.

[quote=“snafu”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]Arnie’s still reviled by many a Republican.
Tom Selleck might actually be on the short list for 2012.

As for Palin, she should start speaking in tongues. That would improve her sorry chances.[/quote]

I am surprised she’s still regarded this favorably by anyone. She’s a complete loon. Arnie is not too bad but he’s on the wrong side of too many issues for the republicans. Maybe if he killed a few animals from a helicopter they would like him more.[/quote]

People saying Palin has a chance to be directly voted in as President are deluding themselves. She was only included as the VP candidate to bring in the right-winger and Christian vote for McCain, but she didn’t even have the right stuff to impress them. If she went for President she would definitely get about 20% of the vote everytime AND THATS IT. For the female vote Hilary Clinton would wipe the floor with her… even though I was never a fan of hers previously I was impressed with her support and organisation in the Primary campaign,

There’s no way Palin would get elected, at least I’d like to hope not. Those in the middle would be scared off by a lot of her positions.

Just for laughs, I wanted to see how Ann Coulter would respond to Obama being elected. Her argument was that he got elected because McCain wasn’t right enough, and that every time the Republicans have put someone up who isn’t extremely right, they’ve lost, but every time they have put someone up who is extremely right, they’ve won. It really just shows how completely out of touch (or disingenous, or both) she is, as are any who would support Palin and her ilk. As if, after eight years of Bush, the American electorate wants/wanted more of that, only worse, but didn’t vote for it because (as bad as they consider Obama to be) they just couldn’t bring themselves to vote for a lesser Republican. What goes on in that woman’s head?

Palin: “I wonder if I should name my to be grandson Barack Obama…I might just be able to become the queen of Africa that way…”