šŸ›¬ Arrival | Current regulations for entry to Taiwan?

https://www.boca.gov.tw/mp-2.html
Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China

3 Likes

Pretty much the same as pre-Covid unless you are flying from China.

2 Likes

Here you go: some official website link.

Thank you.
I read the links.
So, if U.S. high school student group arrives, then:

1. visa on arrival ok like in past?
  2. students need vaccination record?
  3. fill in arrival card online or old-style paper arrival card that airline provides before immigration desks at Taoyuan?

Anyone entered lately on so-called visa-exempt or visa on arrival or what itā€™s properly termed?

3Q-

I wonder if anyone knows the answer to thisā€¦ Iā€™m currently studying online at at Uni in Taiwan, and want to come to start the next semester at the uni.

The government website is a bit vague, it says UKers can come for 90 days on tourist/business visa, and can extend to 180. However, it doesnā€™t mention student visa. I want to come for no less than a year.

I know the temptation is to tell me to ask the uni, but they donā€™t seem to sure to me! They just said weā€™ll send you a confirmation of our acceptance for your place, and you can apply for a visa from there.

Anyone ā€˜in the knowā€™ can help please?

Iā€™m definitely not in the know about student visas, but I would have thought youā€™re supposed to get an actual visa for the purpose of coming here to study, once the uni sends you the confirmation. You could enter on a 90-day visa exemption (extendable to 180 days if youā€™re from the UK, like you wrote), but Iā€™m guessing thatā€™s not the correct way if youā€™re coming here as a student.

1 Like

If that ā€œuniā€ in Taiwan doesnā€™t know how to advise you to get a student visa, I would say that is not a legitimate university.

Btw, I know of no universities in Taiwan that have been teaching online during the past yearā€”itā€™s all been in person. If you could give us more details about this ā€œuniā€ we may be able to help advise you further.

Guy

Thanks for the reply Andrew,

Yes, I am wondering about possible alternatives. If I got an extendable 90 day to 180 day, I could almost complete 2 semesters.

Is it like Thailand and other Asian countries, where you can simply fly out and fly back in, to get another 90 days? (do you know?)

Obviously I want the correct visa, but if you can do this, I donā€™t see it makes any difference which visa. (though it will cost me a few quid to fly out and in again!)

Hi Guy,

The problem is, the international student liason person is off for a few days, sick I think.
And Iā€™m running out of time, so I thought itā€™s worth asking. (btw, Iā€™m running out of time, as my house sale here in UK was delayed due to lazy solicitors! haha), no other reason.

Itā€™s NSYSU, so a genuine uni! Iā€™ve been studying online there for 2 semesters so far.
I was due to go there last semester, during the restrictions, so I got all of the relevant tests and stuff, and my house sale nearly fell through, so I had to delay and do another online one.

1 Like

Yes that is a genuine uni. Itā€™s amazing to me they cannot provide clear instructions for you on how to get a proper student visa.

I do hope you sort things out! Arriving in Taiwan is quite simple now, so at least the COVID side of your calculations should not be difficult.

Guy

I donā€™t know what part is vague,
Bureau of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Republic of China(Taiwan)-Detailed Information on Republic of China Resident Visas

To be fair, itā€™s not their fault.
My house sale happened during Spring fest, and now the person in charge of foreigners isnā€™t well, and Iā€™m in a rush, so that doesnā€™t help!

I really want to go here. If things go wrong, I could go somewhere else, or wait until next semester, however,

1. I donā€™t want to go somewhere else, as I know the teachers, and lots of students there now, and
  2. I donā€™t particularly want to go in the height of summer heat, as Iā€™m from north UK where itā€™s freezing, and Iā€™d rather acclimatise a little bit slower :joy:
1 Like

The student one was last updated in 2021.
Is it exactly the same now?

Yeah, you could definitely do this. Itā€™s just that youā€™re not really supposed to (as far as I know). The visa exemption is for tourism etc. and I wouldnā€™t have thought youā€™re supposed to study while on it.

Iā€™m not sure what the possible negatives of studying while on a visa exemption might be, but if youā€™re a genuine student Iā€™d imagine youā€™d be able to get some kind of visa for that purpose. Would probably also make things easier for bank accounts etc.

Should note that Iā€™ve never studied here and I donā€™t know the specifics - Iā€™m just guessing.

1 Like

I donā€™t know.

For further information on entry requirements, contact the Taipei Representative Office in London, 50 Grosvenor Gardens, London, SW1W 0EB, telephone: 020 7881 2650 or in Edinburgh, 1 Melville Street, Edinburgh EH3 7PE, telephone: 01312 206886.

1 Like

Yeah, this was the one I was looking at, when I asked.

(i.e this is the vague one)

I think so, but I donā€™t think they do visa on arrival entry

I donā€™t think so, but if they have, it might have some use at somewhere. I donā€™t recall such case recently, though. if you mean covid19 vaccination record.

which ever they prefer.

2 Likes

I know this topic has been done to death but I have gotten different answers from different people. So going to ask here once and for all:

As of today 2/25, are there ANY Covid related restrictions at all in regards to international tourists flying into TPE airport?

Iā€™ve heard it is 0+7 monitoring but even that is very relaxed and not checked (and might be over as well now?). No pre-flight test, no test at airport, no nothing. No insurance required either. No rapid tests even handed out for free anymore. Itā€™s like itā€™s 2019 again except for masking in indoor places. Is this true for TOURISTS (not talking about people who entered the country on active ARCs)

Details: US passport, but flying from Mumbai, India (long connection in Thailand where I will enter the country for 12 hours or so).

Thank you so much!

See above

Are there ANY countries under the list of no entry/ no entry if having been there within 14 days etc. or are citizens from anywhere allowed to visit TW now? Iā€™ll be flying from India or Thailand