šŸ Cricket | Ashes Cricket

ENGLAND ARE IN DEEP TROUBLEā€¦ 7 WICKETS GONE AND ANOTHER SESSION TO GO AND FAR BEHIND AUSTRALIAā€™S FIRST INNING TOTAL

ARE WE IN FOR ANOTHER 5 NIL WHITEWASH

Following it on cricinfo.com
Going into the last session on the fifth day and victory hanging in the balance. God, I love test cricket!

I think the Aussies will win with about half an hour to spare.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :discodance:

Watched every ball on Sky today, sad git that I am. Punterā€™s face at the end was a joy to behold.

Congrats to the Poms for hanging on like grim death and making Punter look like the sour twat (fantastic batsman tho) that he is.Poms need to bring in Harmison and/or Sidearse for the next test.
I think Oz have more room for improvement than the Poms and will continue to get better. I predict the Ashes to go to Oz 2-1.

Haaarrr! Ricky Pompous whining about Englandā€™s delaying tactics. Not like he would have done any different. The most ungracious international captain since Michael Atherton.

Cricket? :unamused:

Each time I see something about cricket, I think ā€œmust be the most boring sport everā€.

Rather watch American Baseballā€¦ and thatā€™s probably the second most boring sports everā€¦ :smiley:

Why Cricket is Boring:
http://www.ultrabrown.com/posts/why-cricket-is-boring

Your post is like when people come into the lounge when the football is on and ask, ā€˜Why are you watching boring football?ā€™ My standard reply is: Shut up, fuck off, and go and do something you like doing instead of trying to get your lame kicks from antagonizing me.

Wuhh, lighten up man. I have no problem with people telling me that what I watch is boring. Lot of people donā€™t understand why I watch sumo wrestling and I am happy to explain why I like it. I am just trying to understand why cricket is a great sport in the eyes of cricket fans.

ā€˜Lighten up man.ā€™ This and many other stupid epithets are the exclusive domain of back peddling dullards. Do you use, ā€˜donā€™t take it personally,ā€™ with great frequency too? You may have no problem with people pissing on your bonfire, but only an autist would assume that that therefore applies as a global rule.

Where I come from baseball is called ā€œroundersā€ and itā€™s played by girls during PE class.

Clever tactics by England to toy with the Aussies and tease them like that. It was superb how they fooled the Ozbods into believing victory was theirs for the taking, then snatched it away from between the very teeth of the drooling Ozzers. Now the Ozlanders will be thoroughly demoralized, and should roll over without much resistance for the remainder of the series.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast.

Maybe you are in the UK but we shall see whose face looks better at the end of the series.

The only demoralized team or the pommies who are fought for a well deserved draw, the best they can hope to get in this series no doubt.

wellā€¦ whatever

It wonā€™t be Punterā€™s. Let me assure you I am far more devilishly handsome than he is. :wink:

You are probably right. I was just enjoying the moment, in which an Aussie started gloating a mite too soon. (I refer to your first post.) Itā€™s a rare enough pleasure, since they win so often. I predict Wanderingā€™s prediction will be accurate.

And Mr. Omniloquacious, as a long-term lurker on these boards I have seen the awesome power of the Omni-hex during sporting events. I urge you to rewrite your post so that it appears to anticipate a comfortable Australian victory.

bollocks I fecked up the quoting thingy. Apologies Mr. Satellite.

Yes, indeed!

So to put the record straight, I have no doubt whatsoever that the Aussiesā€™ stop-at-nothing gamesmanship will, in the end, suffice for them to steal the series and the urn from us by hook or by crook.

Great start by Cook and Strauss>IF they can get to 350 for 1 or 2,theyā€™ll be sitting pretty well overnight.Why did Freddie announce retirement now as opposed to after the test seriesā€¦aside from being an attention freak

Trying to unsettle the Aussies. The Poms want them to be laughing so hard at the idea that he could influence a test match, and while they are weeing in their pants with mirth, heā€™ll come striding to the wicket in a JACQUES KALLIS MASK!