šŸ Cricket | Ashes Cricket

Clarse :smiley:

If KP is as good as he thinks he is heā€™ll push on here and grab a big score (150 odd).I think the Poms will regret not playing Harmison.

KP does it again!!

An he whines that South Africa didnā€™t pick him because of racial quotas? :smiley:
A flat track. Draw written all over it unless Aus put on some quick runs and scuttle the brittle English batting.

Great start to the second day for the Aussies, but now Anderson is batting brilliantly. Shouldnā€™t he be moved up to Number 3? Onions number 4? Last wicket stand of 41 so far.
Anyway, whatever England end up with, this innings is likely to be a missed opportunity.

England are going to go down in world history as total chokers if they donā€™t smash the Aussies in this one.

Looks like Freddie is gonna win this one for the Poms.

Damn! He bowled like demon! Must be thinking of the nice long holiday heā€™s about to have.

Bowling quick and mean.Good to see Freddie backā€¦He should retire from Test cricket more often.

Incredible! The Aussies have lost 7 wickets this morning, adding just 77 to their overnight 126-1. Splendid bowling from Onions and Anderson! No Cheshire cat could ever have sported a bigger grin than Iā€™m wearing now.

I canā€™t decide just how shit Australia are at the moment. It is somewhere between poor and dogshit. I am typically English and canā€™t quite laud our boys just yet. But if we win this testā€¦ oh dude, itā€™s gonna be one big ā€˜larging itā€™ fest for a while. Iā€™m thinking: rambunctious!

Australia 263 all out, England 116-2, I wouldnā€™t have thought it after the first day. Current betting has it England 7/2 Draw 1/3 Australia 7/1 .

See, Australia 263 all outā€¦ What the hell is that all about? I recall Devon Malcolm, Chris Lewis, TUFFERS, those boys bowled true. But they were tonked. TONKED! And now Anderson and Onions are wicket masters. It has to be, HAS to be, the shite that Ponting tells them. A complacency? Or are they verging on a proper lesson for us?
I think that Strauss may not have the cojones, but that fucker can bat. (And he is a Middlesex player!) What would Athers and Nasser make of this? At least the reverse sweep has been shelved. Maybe we can put ā€˜Botham is a legend,ā€™ in the garden.

R.I.P. Sir BOBBY.

See, Australia 263 all outā€¦ What the hell is that all about? I recall Devon Malcolm, Chris Lewis, TUFFERS, those boys bowled true. But they were tonked. TONKED! And now Anderson and Onions are wicket masters. It has to be, HAS to be, the shite that Ponting tells them. A complacency? Or are they verging on a proper lesson for us?
I think that Strauss may not have the cojones, but that fucker can bat. (And he is a Middlesex player!) What would Athers and Nasser make of this? At least the reverse sweep has been shelved. Maybe we can put ā€˜Botham is a legend,ā€™ in the garden.

R.I.P. Sir BOBBY.[/quote]

I know you donā€™t like me, but I have to respond to this. Those are three of the most erratic bowlers England have ever had. ā€˜Trueā€™ is not a word I would use with any of those. Perhaps Chris Lewis had a degree of consistency when he was physically OK.

Michael Atherton was a total fuckwad. Nasser Hussein wasnā€™t much better. Devon Malcolm? Phil Tufnell? Ya gotta be kidding! Isnā€™t Chris Lewis doing 13 years for cocaine smuggling?
Agreed about Beefy, though

RIP The Greatest Geordie

So the history here is: 1) From nowhere, with no prior contact, and with me not even being aware that you existā€¦ You post for no apparent reason that you wouldnā€™t want to meet me in England because I seem scary.
2) Thenā€¦ You post for no reason that I seem to drag ESL into everything I write about and suggest I am obsessed with it.
3) From this you conclude that I donā€™t like you.

Please have another look at the script, because you donā€™t appear to be following the plot too well.

Looks like the Poms will need an extra session or two to pull this one off.Shame we had all that rain earlier in the test.
Crims leading by 59 with 6 wickets in hand at lunch on day 5.

Canā€™t see it happening. Poms deserve it, though.

played cricket back in grade 6 and loved it.

Now, ice hockey, wushu and gymnastics ruleā€¦ Maybe I like some hardcore stuff and maybe i get so many injuries over the past 10 yearsā€¦

Fair enough, sorry about that. I got the feeling I kept winding you up so was trying to avoid getting involved with your posts. As thatā€™s not the case:

Letā€™s not get nostalgic about English cricket in the 90s. It was a horrible time. There may well have been more characters in the England set up, but we were totally unprepared most of the time. Malcolm was a genuine fast bowler (and we didnā€™t have many of those), but inconsistent. Tufnell was an under-achieving luxury. Lewis getting heatstroke in the West Indies.

Australia crucified us throughout the 90s. OK, they were fantastic, but we did ourselves no favours. This Aussie team arenā€™t great, but neither were the England teams they used to enjoy thrashing. Pay back time!