Asian American communities stand up amid string of violent attacks

They are targeting people leaving church. How do you know they are targeting Asians?
Maybe they don’t like Christians.

If this thread is just to report crimes against Asians, it is kind of weird.

If Asian-Americans are being hit by a wave of violent crimes as certainly seems to be the case, you think it’s weird to discuss it?

I presume it’s a specifically Asian church. We’ve heard reports that Asians are often targeted by criminals because they are perceived as being easy targets. These scumbags are going there and repeatedly targeting people. I’m sure they know their targets will be Asian since they were smart enough to plan this. So yes I do think they are targeting Asians. That’s not really rocket science, is it? I don’t care if they have some deep-seated hatred of Asians or not. If someone bashes someone on the head with a cinder block for example, are you going to try to figure out if they had a hatred for them before you decide if it’s worth thinking about or not?

1 Like

I think it is weird to talk about it more than if they went to a black church and did the same.

And I am discussing it, I am trying to figure out why this crime is more newsworthy than another street robbery.

Because people are being targeted by race.

You said: “If this thread is just to report crimes against Asians, it is kind of weird.”

There’s more than enough reason to talk about crimes against anyone and we should do it more in all cases, but crimes against Asian-Americans are currently a visible and in terms of this site certainly an especially relevant issue.

Are they? How do you know that? Could be being targeted by age. By religion. Because they are rich. By sex.

Who cares? They are in fact Asian and they are clearly being targeted.

Get some food in you man. Your blood sugar may be affecting your thinking.

I didn’t mean it was weird to talk about attacks on Asians.

I meant it is weird to have a thread talking about crimes against Asians specifically unless the reason they are being attacked is because they are Asian.

I like what you did there.

Well, I have to disagree, 100%, simply because I’m concerned about people being attacked regardless of the specific reason. Enough said

I’m on my no carb day…so watch out!

Agree 100 percent. That was kind of my point as well. The crime is terrible enough. Ok, I am leaving US political threads for good.

Get that insulin in ya.

Aww, don’t leave. lol

It would be nice I suppose to think that race had nothing to do with these attacks, but I think the evidence is quite heavy on the opposite being true.

1 Like

If I’m going to get beat up by somebody, I think I’d actually prefer that they hated me. At least it makes more sense that way.

That’s why random acts of violence are scarier, especially when dictated by race.

hmmm…but would it really be random if race was the core driver?

Only white people can commit race hate crimes of violence because…

1 Like

…”only white people can be racist.”

Is that what you are referring to?