Asian- and African-Americans

Sigh. There are so many ways of dealing the CCP without involving and putting millions of lives at risk.

I find your response interesting because a week or so ago, you had no issue blasting the MSM for NOT covering the fact that some AAs have been attacking Asians in connection to the Covid-19 but here defending this “man” for his words which carry far greater weight than any MSM outlet.

I’ll leave this here to remind those who think “words never hurt”

2 Likes

And damn, we really comparing this to internment camps. WOW.

And I stand behind that there has been a deep rooted distrust by AA towards the Asian American community for a long time before this. And many of the attacks were from AA towards Asian Americans sadly.

Where did I make a comparison? I’m posting examples of how governmental policies or leaders have had a dire impact on those who are Asian in the US in the past.

Remember two things :

-A person’s past behavior is indicative of their future behavior.

-History repeats itself.

And as a member of the AA community I have to say this about your past wound being projected onto us.

1. AAs are not a monolith. Just like Asian Americans aren’t all XYZ. This myopic view of a group of people is what some would see as a stereotype and this deep distrust is dangerous.

2. The AA community is more concerned about their issues and yes, one of those issues has been how Asian businesses have operated in our community. To borrow from your favorite president, people on BOTH SIDES have sowed seeds of distrust.

3 Likes

What government policy was made against Asian Americans? None.

No. But there has been a deep mistrust of asian American. It’s been ignored and brushed under. It’s not a condemnation of AA as a whole. It’s acknowledging a problem that is largely ignored.

How do they operate? By just opening a store? How awful to be entrepreneurial. I’m interested to know, because this sounds like how an anti Semitic ideology starts.

What government policy was made against Asian Americans? None.

You’re joking right? I post about the Japaness interment camps and the Chinese Exclusion Act and you ask?

No. But there has been a deep mistrust of asian American. It’s been ignored and brushed under. It’s not a condemnation of AA as a whole. It’s acknowledging a problem that is largely ignored.

It was widely discussed in the 90s. Especially after the LA Riots. In fact it was discussed to death. Just because you came on the scene doesn’t mean it never happened.

How do they operate? By just opening a store? How awful to be entrepreneurial. I’m interested to know, because this sounds like how an anti Semitic ideology starts.

Now you’re twisting my words. Never implied or said that.

2 Likes

I’m saying now. You’re comparing it to the current situation. Not kidding.

Yet you see it’s still happening. Obviously it didn’t resolve anything.

I didn’t twist your words. I’m asking you to clear it up because it sounds a lot like “the Jews own all the businesses and profit from our community” propaganda. So what did you mean.

Again then you have to be responsible for what conclusions you draw when you read my posts. I have no control over that unless I explicitly wrote that which I did not.

This is not the first time you’ve attempted to twist what I’ve wrote. In fact, it’s a habit with you toward me.

This is an attempt at some form of gaslighting.

3 Likes

You said

I’m simply asking what you what you mean. Because it sounds Similar to anti Semitic speech. I didn’t say that’s what you’re saying. I’m asking you to clear it up.

Im not gas lighting you. Idk why you’re so defensive, if it’s not what you meant just say what you meant. I’m just asking. How are asian businesses operated?

Took you two posts of attempting to accuse me of coming close to an anti-Semitic line to ask me to clear it up?

There have been businesses who are Asian owned that have exhibited predatory business practices in the AA community. Particularly in poor communities. That has one of many of the issues of distrust. And that wouldn’t be the first or the last group in America to have done so.

I didn’t accuse you. I asked you what that means since it sounds similar to anti Semitic conspiracies.

People said the same thing about the Jews. So it’s a reasonable question to ask.

Ok. How are they being predatory?

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:2794, topic:189162, full:true”]

You new best friend.

[quote=“anon38216271, post:2795, topic:189162, full:true”]

This is a question directed to you. The way you’re being defensive with no real answer is not a good sign.

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:2796, topic:189162, full:true”]

Again, you’re operating under from an assumption you made from your own conclusion that I am defensive.

I’m not even angry not exasperated. But I am curious as to why you can’t just ask for someone to clarify something rather than make some bridge-too-far conclusion.

I’ve been asking for the last 5 posts. You’ve yet to answer beyond “google it”

What you’re saying sounds exactly like anit Semitic conspiracies. And still you’ve not addressed what you’re saying.

Your first reply could have been:

I’m missing your point. Can you clarify?

Can you clarify what you mean about XYZ.

See I did that without dragging in a separate issue. :wink:

And I have addressed it. The last five posts. :v:t5:

1 Like

Mods: clean up on Aisle five

12 Likes

Im telling you why I’m asking. Because it does sound like anti Semitic conspiracies. And you have not.

How are asian Americans been predatory towards AA communities. You have not explained it still. Are they stealing money? What are they doing?

1 Like

This is what I wrote;

Your first reply could have been:
Can you clarify what you mean about XYZ.
See I did that without dragging in a separate issue. :wink:
And I have addressed it. The last five posts. :v:t5:

This is what you chose to qoute:

That is twisting of words (or posts in this cases).

The gymnastics on this one?

Im telling you why I’m asking. Because it does sound like anti Semitic conspiracies. And you have not.

How are asian Americans been predatory towards AA communities. You have not explained it still. Are they stealing money? What are they doing?
[/quote]

I’m not going to do your homework for you. You want to know, Google it.

The topic was really about Trump’s words at his press conference today and you’ve avoided that discussion like a bad fart in an elevator.

Get back to me when you want to discuss that or how governmental policies have impacted Asian Americans.

No I haven’t avoided. I’ve said what I wanted to said.

What is worrying to me is your own prejudices towards asian Americans starting a business. So I asked about that. You have not explained it. It’s never a good sign to have to ask someone to google it. You can’t just make such a comment and not back it up.

[quote=“Andrew0409, post:2808, topic:189162, full:true”]

Really?!? :joy::joy::joy: Where have I said anything remotely prejudice toward them?

By saying some have practiced predatory business? Whew that’s a bridge to far for me.

Smh

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.inquirer.com/philly/opinion/stop-and-go-asian-african-americans-20180608.html%3FoutputType%3Damp