Asian- and African-Americans

You’ve not explained how. They said the Jews were doing the same thing in Nazi germany. Jews were profiting off the misfortunes of Germans according to conspiracies.

If you can’t back it up. Maybe don’t make a claim like that.

Again a bridge to far. Poor communities have always been ripe for predatory behavior. And African Americans have often experienced it.

Now if you choose to conclude that I am anti-Semitic then I can’t change that. It’s your choice and right to. But you’ll have to be responsible for that conclusion because it’s yours.

I did not…that’s not what i’m saying. I’ve said it over and over again asking for you to clear it up.

I’m asking you what you mean by asian americans have been predatory towards the AA communities through their businesses. Because it sounds very similar to anti Semitic conspiracies. All you had to do is explain what you mean, something you have not, still.

I did not say you were saying this, but I asked you what you meant because it sounds like this. You are the one to take it the wrong way and ran with it instead of just a single post saying what you meant.

Go back to my post. Up two. I added two links.

So, somehow you saying a AAs harbor resentment toward Asians and not post any examples or proof that has weight, and is the truth, and yet I’m getting close to some anti-Semitic/Nazi thinking because I haven’t clarified in a manner that you want and failed to ask before five posts?

Now, can this conversation/conclusion/assumption stop derailing this thread :wink:

1 Like

So it’s not true?

So basically, not talking about slavery time and immediate post slavery time. The article you posted said.

Among the myths, she said, were that Korean and Asian store owners exploited blacks and stole business opportunities from them while earning a lot of money.

This actually does sound like anti Semitic conspiracy but with Asian Americans.

So it’s not true?

Not for me. Not for my family and friends. I can’t speak for each AA in the US but I have encountered some who might live in poorer communities who do. Just like some Asians I’ve encountered hold resentment.

Not my battle.

So basically, not talking about slavery time and immediate post slavery time. The article you posted said.

Among the myths, she said, were that Korean and Asian store owners exploited blacks and stole business opportunities from them while earning a lot of money.
This actually does sound like anti Semitic conspiracy but with Asian Americans.
[/quote]

Well, if you want to view it that way that is your choice. Again I have no control over that.

But riddle me this: if I had said that white banks/bankers practice predatory behavior in the Black community would I still be an almost-Nazi?

I’m not calling you that. I’m saying the belief that Asian Americans are some how stealing business opportunities from blacks and getting rich is very similar to anti semitic conspiracies.

Didn’t say they were stealing business opportunities from them. I said predatory business practices.

That’s whole other subject.

Reading is fundamental.

And when I asked what that means, you linked an article and told me to read. SO don’t tell me reading is fundamental, I literally quoted the link you gave me.

2 Likes

If you guys are done with that other thing now…

Tl/dr: Some Asian-Americans believe the government discriminates against them (p. 21). The ones who think government prejudice is a bigger problem than individual prejudice are a minority, but they have reasons for believing this (and the majority don’t say there’s no government prejudice, just that individual prejudice is stronger).

Do you think they’re imagining it all?

Tl/dr: The government engages in racial profiling of its own people, including Asian-Americans. This is not new.

It’s allegedly getting worse under Trump.

Tl/dr: And so on. It also lists some alleged spies who were found innocent, including Wen Ho Lee. (And it also notes that Beijing’s lines about eternal Chineseness contribute to this phenomenon.)

My five seconds with a search engine revealed more articles, some behind paywalls. The information is out there, yours to discover.

I was very clearly asking what government policy was made from calling it the Chinese Virus since that was being compared to things like internment camps. That was a big stretch. I am aware of different various discrimination in past history by the government.

Sorry, I wasn’t following the thread this was split from.

1 Like

Blockquote Wu, the former dean at the University of California Hastings College of the Law, said that Chinese-Americans have often faced the repeated question of “where are you really from” and have endured the “perpetual foreigner” syndrome in the US. > Blockquote

So basically how Westerners are treated in Asia, gotcha.

2 Likes

Tbf, this seems like its a thing everywhere.

I mean, anytime you’re an outsider in a big group; a black person would feel the same way in Mexico, for example.

The difference is progressives in Western European founded counties want to make such sentiments tantamount to criminal, but turn a blind eye to the same treatment of people in Asia, Africa, Latin America, etc.