Asian Baseball Championships....and Korean arrogance

Before the game

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=070000&biid=2003110572928

And after the game…

http://english.donga.com/srv/service.php3?bicode=070000&biid=2003110690218

All I can say is that WE WON!! (Taiwan I mean, not Chinese Taipei) :wink:

and guess what, US are not even going to be there… pretty sad, isn’t it?

Writing for South Korean newspapers looks fun. Nothing like taking sides.
I particularly liked: [quote]Absurd rundowns also screwed it up. [/quote]
Don’t ya just hate it when that happens? :unamused:

No, it leaves me less puzzled as to why they play something called the World Series . . . but no one else is welcome.

HG

How the World Series got its name
Anyway, the fact is that US professionals would trounce these guys. And of course the US will be represented at the 2004 Athens Olympics – this was the Asian qualifier.

Mr. WR wrote; "And of course the US will be represented at the 2004 Athens Olympics – this was the Asian qualifier. :

No, sir WolfmanRien: the USA will not be going to the Athens Olympics, there was a news story in the TT the other day about this. true. The USA did not quality this time. MIAKAW the lady is quite correct. the WolfkanRien is wrong. How can that be? Check google or any of the local papers here. The usa did not quality this time.

if i am wrong i will eat my kimchee without beer and miakwa will owe me a return ticket to taipei.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/oly/2210016

I think it is good that we (USA) didn’t qualify. We have to let other folks win at something sometimes…give them a taste so they keep on playing. :stuck_out_tongue:

how come they didn’t though of it before?? Hmm…strange. But FYI that USA didn’t win every single Olympic after all!

And a new record! Another completely unrelated thread turned into ‘America’ versus ‘Anti-America’ by just the second post!

Now if THAT were an olympic sport, Forumosa would sweep up…

the us went 3-1 and got eliminated. mexico went 1-3 and was still in it until they got crushed. not sure i understand the logic involved in how they determine qualification. probably signals the death of olympic baseball. they’ve been talking about getting rid of it for years and it was the americans who said no. now i don’t think anyone cares anymore.

as for the rest of the world not being represented at the world series, perhaps you haven’t checked out some of those mlb rosters lately. :slight_smile:

[quote=“littleiron”]And a new record! Another completely unrelated thread turned into ‘America’ versus ‘Anti-America’ by just the second post!

Now if THAT were an olympic sport, Forumosa would sweep up…[/quote]

oops, did I do that??!! Too much mud slids makes me wild, you know?! So pardon me and get back to the original topic. :wink:

Yep, I got it wrong.
Makes the baseball competition at the Olympics more or less irrelavant now.

I knew Mr Reinhold would say that. Having never met him in person, and with a huge ocean now separating us, I can almost foretell what he will say when he will say it and how he will say and most of all he admitted he was wrong which is the sign of a true gentleman. then he ruins it by saying

‘‘Makes the baseball competition at the Olympics more or less irrelavant now.’’

actually, the sports writers are now saying the Ollys are even more relevant (sic) now.

irrelevant? why? the us didn’t qualify. there are other countries that play.

the reason that mexico even got to play the us was because the bahamas didn’t send a team. venezuela and the dominican republic also didn’t bother even showing up. nobody cares about olympic baseball anymore. and if the us doesn’t bother to defend it, it’s going to get the ax.

it’s not the us loss that makes olympic baseball irrelevant. it’s the fact that 2 of the very few countries where baseball is a major sport didn’t bother to send teams to the olympic qualifiers that makes it irrelevant.

the ioc wants major league players in the olympics or they’re going to kill it. they’re not going to get major leaguers so the game is done.

imagine if an olympic rugby competition featured egypt and the phillipines instead of australia and new zealand. i would call that irrelevant.

point is the summer olympics of 2004 are gonna get a visit from Bin Laden and his gang and there aint gonna be no Olys this summer. Watch. and do not go there, if you value your life.