🌏 🏅 | Asian Games

Taipei and China woman’s football (soccer) on TV live right now.

20180828_205005

20180828_205005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JqWHXLIXBc

argghhhhh, the commies scored

Taiwan are truly hapless. 8-1-1 formation.

The goalie pulled out a few impressive saves earlier.

That annoying high pitch scream. I can’t watch this.

The sport rock climbing is cool. Some strong girls there holding themselves aloft with 3 fingers.

Taiwanese especially impressive since most Taiwan girls cannot pull themself up from a chair at Starbucks.

The Koreans celebrated a little too early. The Taiwanese guy stuck out a toe.

Now it is off to the army for them.

Gold would have meant they got a free pass apparently

8 Likes

4:05.692, while Jung actually crossed later at 4:05.702, a margin of 10 milliseconds

2 Likes

That’s pretty funny, I’m going to upvote whoever said that.

Sprinter Yang Chun-han (楊俊瀚) won bronze in the men’s 200-meter race at the Hangzhou Asian Games on Monday to score Taiwan’s first athletics medal at this year’s games.

The 26-year-old Taiwanese sprinter edged out Nigerian-born Qatari runner Femi Ogunode by 0.01 seconds to finish third with a time of 20.74 seconds.

圖片

4 Likes

Taiwan also won against Korea in the preliminary round of the Asian Games baseball tournament as well.

Starting pitcher Lin Yu-Min (Pangcah) Amarillo Sod Poodles (Diamondbacks 2A)

Relievers: Ku Lin Rui-Yang (Atayal) Uni Lions. Liu Chih-Jung, Cudjui Taljimahaw (Paiwan), Portland Sea Dogs (Red Soxs 2A)

Taiwan won our first gold medal in this Asian Games by defeating Korea in judo as well.

3 Likes

Just as a rough guess off the top of your head, about what percentage of athletes in Taiwan do you think are aborigine? It seems like a very high percentage (50%?).

1 Like

Depends on the sport. For baseball right now it’s more than 50 I think. All the pitchers against Korea are Aboriginal. One Pangcah, one Atayal, and one Paiwan. Sadly, we only know the original name of the Paiwan Cudjui Taljimahaw.

1 Like

China’s CCTV removed this photo of their own women hurdlers.

4 Likes

Out of 24 Asian Games baseball players, 13 players have confirmed aboriginal background. 2 Bunun, 1 Atayal, 1 Paiwan, and the rest of the 9 are all Pangcah Amis. Out of the 10 pitchers, 7 are of Aboriginal descent. Both catchers are not of Aboriginal descent.

1 Like

64天安門 I guess, not too much skin, right?

2 Likes

‘I made a rather big mistake. I didn’t come at full speed to the finish line. I let my guard down too early,’ said Jung after letting his concentration slip at the pivotal moment.

‘I am very sorry. I apologise to my teammates and to our fans who supported us. We all worked very hard together for this, and it’s all my fault.’

Meanwhile, Taiwan’s gold-medallist Huang admitted that he spotted the lapse from Jung, and drew on lessons from his trainer to pip the South Koreans to the post.

‘I realised they were celebrating, but I wanted to tell them, while you were celebrating, I was still fighting,’ he said.

'I wasn’t sure whether I had reached the finish line in time.

'I thought it was such a shame that I was just a little bit short, and then the results came up on the screen showing that I had won by one hundredth of a second, and it was just a miracle.

Though South Korea’s exceptional athletes and artists are able to secure exemption from military service in the case of overwhelming success, it is rare for even some of the country’s top representatives to avoid the draft.

Tottenham Hotspur striker Son Heung-min - one of the country’s most accomplished and successful athletes on the world stage - was thought to have won exemption in 2018 when he secured gold for the national team at the 2018 Asian Games.

But in 2020 he was forced to complete three weeks of basic military training.

Meanwhile, several members of the K-pop group BTS are currently serving in South Korea’s armed forces despite the boy-band being one of the world’s top-selling musical acts with tens of millions of fans worldwide.

3 Likes

Gold!!!

2 Likes

I’m really bewildered that video games and things like chess qualify as sports categories in the Asian Games. It’s legit unhinged. What is next? Sex or masturbation as a category in the Olympics?