Ask me anything about training!

Squatting is good for your knees! But don’t just take my word for it, there are multiple studies done to show that resistance training improves tendon and muscular strength which in turn can improve joint function (and as a result, reduce pain)

Squatting with bad technique and poor load management will most certainly be bad for the knees though, I certainly was guilty of this when I first started :rofl:

2 Likes

You mean like 4kg?

There is this girl in the gym and I have been meaning to talk to her, but her biceps are bigger than mine. What do I do?

5 Likes

yes that is more weight :joy:

in seriousness, if youre really putting in effort even just doing push ups and pull ups consistently will get you some pretty decent results.

You might want to ask her if she identifies as female?

1 Like

How you get like this?

1 Like

Eat raw meat and live like our ancestors, inject tren, walk barefoot

oh that clown. what’s his name ? liver king? clown.

1 Like

I like the facial expressions of the people in the supermarket.
Dorian Yates started the freak show, before Dorian they had to look well proportioned. I would never have wanted to look like that , but yeah good luck to the guy would make a morning shopping trip more interesting :grinning:

man those guys are so crazy it is unbelievable when I first met someone like that. their bodies are so thick and wide that they’d honestly have difficulty fitting into taxis

I’ve been pretty regular for the past 10 years.

My goal is to look and feel fit. I’m 50 years old - nearly 51. No drugs. I lost weight due to stress and COVID over the summer. I’ve been trying to gain weight. Here is what I’ve done since August.

Well damn. I have reduced body fat while gaining weight in the last 4 months. Really surprised by the results.

Gained 1.5kg in weight
Gained 1.3kg in skeletal muscle
Lost .2kg in body fat

Inbody270 Analysis devices used - different machines/different gyms/same model of machine/same height and age

Weight (kg) was 77.2 → 78.7
Skeletal muscle (kg) was 38.9 → 40.2
Fat in kg was 8.1 → 7.9

BMI was 22.4 → 22.9
Percent body fat was 10.4 → 10

Diet includes Foot Long Subway Club Sandwiches, Fried Chicken, 7-11 Instant Noodle packs with Beef, Cans of Tuna Fish, Taiwan Beer Gold Medal, occasional meals from Grandma, and Green Tea.

Photo following chest and shoulders exercises at the gym today December 15, 2021. Still ugly.

2 Likes

Has this become Tinder ? :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s easy to talk about success whether what you are saying is true or false.

Assuming you believe the information I have provided these are my personal results that I offer.

Damn :howyoudoin:

Btw we can all see the silhouette of your dick. You might want to crop the picture next time.

1 Like

But if you crop THAT much out nothing would be left, no?

5 Likes
1 Like

That whole site is genius. I’ve now read like five articles and I still can’t tell whether it’s a parody or not.

2 Likes

In college I might have been this fit. I was stronger but that strength came with cost. The shoulder injury I suffered taught me to be really really careful. Benching too much weight caused my injury.

Now, I do very little weight on the bench and instead do body weight dips, pushups, inclines, and declines. I spend more time strengthening my shoulders.

I never skip leg day. My routine is leg day, followed by back day (pulling exercises), and finally chest and shoulders day (pushing exercises).

I am also happy to help anyone interested in knowing more.

Anybody here lift or know people that lift after having a herniated disc? Advice?

I know multiple people who continue to lift after suffering a disc herniation. The main thing is learning how to strengthen your core. A good friend is 35+ and deadlifts more than me despite suffering two disc herniation before.

2 Likes