Ask urodacus!

:thumbsup: That’s when you know you’ve got it going on.

There was a time petitioners used to pay the oracle and not expect advice just for the asking - thinking takes energy, too, so maybe some carefully distilled fuel should be provided, no?

How much paper can I flush down the toilet before it gets clogged (or government sends me a fine)?

I’d be plumping for no more than two sheets at a go in my own apartment, unless the place was high up in the building and you could get a good flush going. If it blocked up, it’s be on someone else’s floor and not your concern.

If it was not my own house (like, say, McDonalds), I’d be using the whole damn roll.

And yes, Yuli, I’ll take some of that fine Lagavulin off your hands for you. Thanks.

“Peat-smoke aroma”… a tad different from what we usually use as fuel in Okinawa. :wink:
Don’t forget this tomorrow: yaeyama-tabunka-yuntakukai.info/od.html

Yup, got me tickets already. I’ll be the one saying “but where’s the oom-pah-pah band?”

Dear Urodacus,

If you eat yourself, will you become twice as big, or completely disappear?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Dear Urodacus,

If you eat yourself, will you become twice as big, or completely disappear?[/quote]
Neither, but you’ll be twice as satisfied. :whistle:

Dog poop stinks, a lot. A human can smell it from afar, or at least when it is stick to one’s shoe sole. If you hold it closer, the smell is almost unbearable. So, how come a dog, having far superior smelling senses than a human, can withstand those smells, even sticking its sensitive nose into it without passing out?

If you eat yourself, will you become twice as big, or completely disappear?[/quote]
Can you go have sex with yourself?

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]Dear Urodacus,

Can you go have sex with yourself?[/quote]

Are you asking about Urodacas, Matthew, or just in general?

How come a bacon, egg, and cheese, light ketchup, salt and pepper on a roll always seems to be the best damned meal man ever made?

Would you recommend me drink the water in Taipei out of the sink/faucet if I’m coming from New York (in your scientific opinion, not like knee-jerk “DONT DRINK THE WATER!!!” travel guides)?

I hate seaweed. It makes me gag and choke. I can’t stomach the smell. Again- I LITERALLY gag and choke.
Yet half the world seems to be in love with this salt-water garden weed.
Why do I have such a reaction and how can I make it go away so that I might be able to enjoy it and the cuisine involving it?

Thank you!

It’s not a knee-jerk reaction, more like a squirty poo reaction. At least it used to be, and generally still is on the rest of the island.

I think you’d have to stop halfway (mechanics of eating being a limiting factor here), so you’d remain exactly the same.

Practice. they’ve been smelling it since day one.

But most dogs still draw the line at Irishstu.

[quote=“Dr. McCoy”]
Can you go have sex with yourself?[/quote]

Nothing could be finer than having sex with someone you love.

It’s not a knee-jerk reaction, more like a squirty poo reaction. At least it used to be, and generally still is on the rest of the island.[/quote]
Hmmmm… is it because I’m foreign and not used to it, or because Taiwan doesn’t process (purify, filter, etc) the water?

It’s not a knee-jerk reaction, more like a squirty poo reaction. At least it used to be, and generally still is on the rest of the island.[/quote]
Hmmmm… is it because I’m foreign and not used to it, or because Taiwan doesn’t process (purify, filter, etc) the water?[/quote]
I’ve never been able to get a straight answer to that question. The government says the water is okay. But I don’t drink it.

Hmmmm… is it because I’m foreign and not used to it, or because Taiwan doesn’t process (purify, filter, etc) the water?[/quote]
I’ve never been able to get a straight answer to that question. The government says the water is okay. But I don’t drink it.[/quote]
Hmmm…

Everyone told me to brush my teeth with bottled water in Peru.
My bold ass decided Screw that..
Big f*cking mistake.

I just want to know if something like swallowing pills with tap water will rot my stomach or not.

Right. Sorry Lili, for not answering yours sooner, but you’re a first time asker, and you had to made to wait. Everyone else has also had to wait ages before I answered, the slack bastard that I am, so I figured I’d make you wait too just so you didn’t feel special, or superior, or something.

So, where are we?

Um, water that gives you the squits. … Thailand (back in the good old days), India, Tanzania, and maybe Washington, I would have my doubts, but drinking the water occasionally while taking tablets, brushing the teeth, rinsing out after spewing in the sink at 4 am after a big night at the Speakeasy, are all OK in Taipei. That’s OLD Taipei city, mind you, DEFINITELY not New Taipei Shitty. Not even if you come from Nw York… your immune system’s not gonna be strong enough no matter where you come from.

Just make sure you have a good understanding of what’s died in the tank on the roof. I did all of the above for years in Taipei with no ill effects. It was only after we left that someone discovered the dead pigeons in the tank, but I was already gone by then.

Right, about hangover food: egg and bacon and cheese sandwiches (on English muffins, with lots of bacon fat, pepper, and ketchup) have been known since long before the birth of time or the evolution of the pig as the perfect food, not just for hangovers. the reason as to why is nonetheless a mystery. Perhaps it has to do with the provision of all five food groups in the perfect ratio: bacon, egg, fat, salt, and pepper.

and as for seaweed? perhaps introduce a small amount each day, hidden in the ketchup, to your breakfast roll. slowly you’ll shift taste perception and association, and you’ll end up craving it.

It’s not all the same, by the way. Sometimes it tastes like crap, like those big kelp twists (any food that you have to boil for six days is probably not very good for you), but sometimes they can be quite nice, like the little brown filament ones here in Okinawa deep fried in tempura, the sea lettuce in the miso soup in Japan, or best of all, the ones they somehow manage to distill into Laphroaig and Caol Ila and Ardbeg. Unlike food, any drink that the manufacturer distills for six days is definitely awesome for you.