Ass-Kicking Flu

Strange. I’ve had good experiences there. It would still be my hospital of choice. Just as good as Taida and faster. Better than a few clinics I’ve been to. Of course much better than my awful experience with Heping Hospital.

Brian

I’ve had very thorough and talkative doctors at Wang Fang hospital. All were very patient explaining what they thought was wrong after many questions, prods, and pokes. The only drawback was waiting for hours because the doctors spend so much time with each patient.

The only drawback was waiting for hours because the doctors spend so much time with each patient.

MUCH MAN, that’s funny. Some people complain that doctors here don’t spend enough time with patients, and just drive them through like cattle, here, bye, go…and yet others complain that a drawback is that they spend too much time with their patience.

Which is it?

I was well aware of the irony of the situation when I wrote that. Of course I would take the thorough doctor over the check out clerk, but I wish one could make appointments in Taiwan and not just get a number.

Strange. I’ve had good experiences there. It would still be my hospital of choice. Just as good as Tai-Da and faster. Better than a few clinics I’ve been to. Of course much better than my awful experience with Heping Hospital.

Brian[/quote]

I have a friend who recovered from a motorcycle accident there who also recommended it.

I’m probably just a cranky patient. I have no patience with disorganized people in positions of extreme importance.

I’m 100% recovered now, by the way. And I lost those two kilos I needed to lose.

Went to McKay once, the mistake was to come on a weekend and as such I ended up in the emergency ward. Kind of shocking were the rows of patients on the beds waiting for whatever.
The nurse took me through an obstacle course (peeing, x-ray etc.) and the doc wasn’t really in a mood so he asked me to come back on Monday, gave me some medicine though.
The new doc and the treatment after that were ok but you had to wait of course …

One good thing about Mackay Hospitalis that they have evening clinics. You should ring up and check, as I’m not sure every clinic has an evening session every day. Also, because most people go during the day, it’s pretty fast in theevening (well it was for me in the bone clinic anyway).

Brian

Last week was one of those sleep-four-hours-a-night-six-days-in-a-row weeks (so much for simplifying life). I was prancing around scoffing at those lesser mortals who were dropping like flies from the constant weather changes.

Fast forward to the weekend birthday party Saturday night. Lots of friends. Lots of cocktails. Had to get up at 9 the next day. Managed to get up and function. What a superman I am, I thought. Had a great workout Tuesday afternoon, ran about 5km. Sure enough, Tuesday night, I’m coughing up a lung. Now I’m back in miseryville with a nasty chest cold.

Shite.

Hope everyone else is healthy. I’m going to force myself to sleep eight hours for a few nights. Those who want a piece of me just have to wait.

Anyone else sufferring from a strange weather-incuded cold?