"Assless chaps" in TW Mandarin, Mandarin Mandarin, Bunun,etc

Hello,

What is the correct translation of “assless chaps” in Taiwanese Mandarin, Mandarin Mandarin, Mandarin Hokkien, Bunun, and Amis?

Why choose just two of the aboriginal languages? How do you think that makes the other tribes feel? You thoughtless swine. :raspberry:

無屁男子? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Dragonbones”]無屁男子? :p[/quote]Hello and thank you. Which language is that in? Hokkien Hoklo, Bunun Mandarin, or Taiwanese Amis? I do not think it can be Traditional Chinese since the definition on Babelfish is “Non-fart man”.

[quote=“almas john”]Why choose just two of the aboriginal languages? How do you think that makes the other tribes feel? You thoughtless swine. :raspberry:[/quote]Hello Almas John. I hope I have not offended you. Can you tell me the translation of “assless chaps” in any other aboriginal languages?

I told you to never call me that. That’s it - I’m gonna start a poll.

You are white and you came to Taiwan because:
a. You had no ass
b. Let’s talk about how hot Taiwanese women are!

:laughing:

I believe that Taiwanese Bunun lacks any word for ass. Would it be acceptable to substitute it with another ass-like animal, such as a horse, for the purposes of this translation?

I think the term that corresponds in Taiwanese Mandarin would be 沒屁股的小伙子
The term that corresponds in Taiwanese Hokken might sound like mbo2 ka2 tsun eh2 shiao4 nen2 geh

But you had better consult the dictionary regarding the definition of “assless chaps” you’re looking for, to make sure it’s the one that is least used and most irrelevant.

Are we talking about males with no tush, or these? (NSFW)

Assless chaps are pants without butt coverage, not boys without asses.

My attempt: 露屁褲

Thanks to you all for the responses!

Hope you’re all ready for my questions about Saisiyat, Thao, Tsou, Rukai, Paiwan, Tao, Puyuma, Atayal, Kavalan and Truko! :wink:

Oh, and Manx.

Please be more specific - are you talking about Ur-Manx, Reformed Manx or the idiom of the current time? East coast or west coast? Of course the Douglas dialect is a different matter altogether…

Does anyone know how to say “assless chaps” in Klingon? I’m just wondering in case I ever have to use it (I realise that’s probably less than a 10% chance).

a quick google search reminded me that all chaps are assless - otherwise they’re called “pants”

[quote=“merge”]a quick google search reminded me that all chaps are assless - otherwise they’re called “pants”[/quote]Can I call you a smartass? :wink: You’re right of course.

Absolutely - use any dialect you wish.

try looking up chafing :unamused:

Not a single poster asked ‘Why’?

Also, apparently nobody noticed that there’s no such thing as Mandarin Hokkien (would that be the Hokkien they speak in Beijing?). And ‘Hokkien Hoklo’ makes me wonder if there is any other kind of Hoklo that I didn’t know about.

This was originally meant as a parody of some requests the board was getting for slang terms in different dialects, and sort of spun off from there. At the time, it was pretty funny. It’s even funnier now to see it stand up on its own. Good stuff, joesax!