ATM cards work me, no they dont, yes they do

WTF! I’ve searched for where Hexuan may have quoted this but could not find anything. Is this for real?

WTF! I’ve searched for where Hexuan may have quoted this but could not find anything. Is this for real?[/quote]

Yep, this is for real, same with ATM cards, but that will work slightly differently. Once your ARC expires as per the records the banks hold, then you will be able to use your atm card here in Taiwan but NOT anywhere else untill you have been to the bank and provided details of your new / extended ARC.

Pure bullshit in its finest form, but that is the sytem here now.!!!

[quote=“Traveller”]Once your ARC expires as per the records the banks hold, then you will be able to use your atm card here in Taiwan but NOT anywhere else untill you have been to the bank and provided details of your new / extended ARC.[/quote]That’s messed up. Taiwan so badly needs friends overseas, but goes out of it’s way to alienate and isolate it’s visitors and investors. Do they imagine that this is the way to become an international business hub, or high-tech island? :unamused:

I can’t use my ATM anywhere but here in Taiwan anyway :loco:

Well said :notworthy:

I can’t use my ATM anywhere but here in Taiwan anyway :loco:

Well said :notworthy:[/quote]

Roach, depending on how your account and ATM card was setup in the first place then you should be able to use it abroad, i certainly can mine, HK, Singapore, even the US and Europe. If memory serves me correct, if when the account was setup you already had your ARC then you would be able to use it abraod, but as probably like most, you needed to set one up before your ARC was complete then this was not the case, hence why you cannot use it abroad. Go back to the bank, upddate your records, insist that they open the international access and you should be set

[quote=“Roach”]I can’t use my ATM anywhere but here in Taiwan anyway :loco:
[/quote]
I used mine in Bangkok. (ICBC)

Thanks Traveller, I’ll check this out ASAP…

One that I had opened for international use actually crashed every machine I inserted it into in the US. :blush: The one I use now works fine in SE Asia, but I neglected to try it anywhere else.