ATTN: Video game nuts

Looking for people that (like me) make weekly (daily almost) trips to the diffrent gaming spots around Taipei. I don’t want some big group to form or anything, but it’d be fun to have some english speakers that I could talk smack to whilst smashing them in Tekken 4.

I also frequent any shooters and the Dance Dance Revolution machine.

Shoot me a PM/email if interested.

I’d also like to use this thread to point out all the diffrent gaming locations around Taipei. I’ve already found 2 DDR machines :smiley: .

1 more thing. You know that puching thing in the Tom’s world by Warner theater? I got a high score of 1410 :shock: OH! YEAH! I’m so cool. :sunglasses:

:laughing:

Hey where do you find those large video game arcades in Taipei?? there used to be tons before, but now I can’t find any…

I guess a bunch got shut down when someone was trying to clean up the city. I’ve found various Tom’s world’s scattered around the city. The only Tom’s world I would call an arcade is the one in Ximending. There’s also some place near shilin night market. The Jungle or something like that. That one is cool + it has a DDR machine :smiley: and go-carts.

Is there anyway in Taipei that does paintballing? I heard there is a place at Jungle as mentioned in a previous post bu thats indoor and not outside like in natural woodland surroundings.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I not really into video games but i’ve heard brilliant things about “Eternal Darkness”. Has anyone played it?

By the way, Miltownkid, have you tried Dave and Busters in Taoyuan? If so, whadderyareckon?

Yeah, Tom bear’s World in XiMenDing is great.

And that punching (kicking :smiling_imp:) machine at Warner Villiage, did the score you got set the record? The last time I was there, we figured out the damn machine as rigged to not give a score higher than a certain value. Punching, elbowing, kicking or charging the damn thing provided no variation in granted points. Bastards! :smiley:

GAMEFAQS probably has some of the most hardcore gaming people there. If you check the REVIEWS on that site, the lowest score was a 7 of 10. Most people gave it a 9 or 10.

IGN gave it a 9.6. Looks like a definite buy/rent to me.

I’ve never been to Taoyuan, but I’d like to go. What is Dave and Busters?

Dave & Buster’s is video game heaven.

daveandbusters.com/

[quote=“LazyMF”]Yeah, Tom bear’s World in XiMenDing is great.

And that punching (kicking :smiling_imp:) machine at Warner Villiage, did the score you got set the record? The last time I was there, we figured out the damn machine as rigged to not give a score higher than a certain value. Punching, elbowing, kicking or charging the damn thing provided no variation in granted points. Bastards! :smiley:[/quote]

I’ve done some testing on that machine and I’m a little :? . If I run and hit it I can’t get as high a score as a static punch. The reason I kept playing was because I wanted to get 500. I swear I would hit it harder and harder, but the best I could do is 480. I’m also always seeing these little girls (I mean no offence) hitting it and getting like 360. I agree that it’s rigged to a certain extent, but I still think I can get it into the 500 range.

I think the high score gets reset everytime they turn it off. When ever I go, I put it back where it should be :sunglasses: . There’s another punching thing in the corner that registers it in kg, but I don’t think it works right (I did get the high score on that one too, maybe it does :wink: ).

The only other game I found worth playing there was Dump the Ump

[quote=“Mark0938”]Dave & Buster’s is video game heaven.

daveandbusters.com/[/quote]

I think we best organize a trip and check it out. Have you been? or were you askin’ me? :?

I’ve been a few times and, though i’m not a videohead, it is great fun. Beer, a smoke and a few games is a right laugh! You can actually have a beer while playing…most civilised!

Loads of games Crazy Cab (?) was one of the faves plus loads of driving, skiing, skatedboarding, fishing, shooting zombies type stuff.

I’ve been to Dave and Busters…its on the top floor of Tai Mall in Tao Yuan.
Their games are similar to the ones in the US (been to one in Austin, TX).

I like driving games…so they had one of my favorites, Sega’s F355 Challenge…and the manual shift has to be used with a clutch…first time I played with one working (other broken down ones, you can just shift without even stepping on the clutch).

Though I’ve always liked their updated and hardly broken down machines, their fees are high =P. Quality comes with a price =).