[Attractiveness] Is it just me

I just got back from Hong Kong yesterday and took to looking around Taiwan, and I got thinking. I’ve been around Japan, China, and Hong Kong and failed to notice in those areas something I saw pretty much on getting to Taiwan - there are lots of beautiful women here, I figure that if neighboring (more affluent, more global) Hong Kong has 10 cute girls in an area, Taiwan would have 10 pretty ones, and if HK had 10 pretty ones, Taiwan would have 10 girls looking like models. I sometimes see really beautiful women hanging on the arms of potbellied guys with thick glasses and acne, or at least pretty dorky looking fellows.

Moreso, Taiwanese seem oblivious to that their country is like this. They insist Vietnam is a sort of marriage heaven, forget Taiwan. A graduate student recently asked me for tips on how to pick up American girls. That’s not to mention the poor, self-abasing (zibei) girls who are pretty but won’t believe it without at least an hour of makeup.

I figure, Taiwan is a Clockwork Orange of beautiful people, I am sure some foreigners have been driven crazy by it. I read one fellow on forumosa told a girl on the MRT she’s the most beautiful he’s seen in his entire life (which is not crazy at all, it seems a very nice thing to release some of that pent up pressure). My friend’s roommate indulged in the corruption and has 6 girlfriends.

But the question is: why is Taiwan this way? I haven’t found another country like it. It seems more like some sort of Islamic utopia than a real situation.

Shhhh!!!

HG

But this is your opinion and what you find attractive. I thought when I was in Taiwan that Taiwanese were the most unattractive people I had ever seen, and I have been been around the world. My husband and quite a few of our friends felt the same way.

I feel that the best looking people I have ever seen are Jordanians. My husband thinks people in certain African countries are the most attractive. It’s all a matter of opinion, son.

1 Like

TW does have a lot of hot chicks. You see them with dorks cuz, well that’s mostly all there is here on dork island. That and the fact that they mainly care about money or a potential suitor’s family status.

HK: Well, Cantonese are just plain unattractive. They are mostly short with yellow skin (like an uncooked chicken), pimples, etc. A lot of this is due to their really poor diet. My staff in HK used to literally eat something that I believe was a cup of hot fat for breakfast.

Japan: Well, Osaka has the world’s highest proportion of stunning girls per square meter.

1 Like

@Indiana - I would have to concede this fact: Due to whatever in the culture (or water or whatever) here, young (under 24 yrs old) men and women have become for the large part completely undistinguishable at first glance. This is due to the gayness of the boys, the butchness of the girls, both? The fact that everyone wears lesbian Look at me, I’m interesting and artistic glasses now?

Can’t say I fully agree - mainland China is definately in the race. And as stated before, walking around in Osaka Namba area… Well, it puts things in perspective, that’s for sure.

Yeah…and a whole host of other features I won’t point out because I am too nice…it’s just my opinion, but I have always thought that the most unattractive people I have ever seen in the world are the Taiwanese. I don’t know why, I just do.

The most beautiful looking men and women, IMO, are in the Middle East. I have never seen such a huge amount of gorgeousness in all of my life! Even the women in their abayyas with their hair covered and the men in their traditional clothing, they are just so nice looking.

Welcome to the Sugg!

Have you even read the book? I can’t imagine a more odious comparison!

Heaven’s to Besty!

Contradiction in terms!
Simply put, It’s because Taiwan is the Last Chinese Eastern Frontier, and maybe even the Next Chinese Western!

The countryside in Austria will cure yellow fever. Women there have shape with barely an ounce of fat. Perhaps its the 4 months of skiing they do that gives them perfect shape. (I lost 4kg over my holiday which consisted of 6 hours snowboarding a day for a week)

Taiwanese girls are generally rather shapeless (but still beautiful). They can’t quite seem to fill out the bum in a pair of jeans. Not only are they lacking in fat, they’re also lacking in muscle. Mostly bone and sinew and skin I guess. I imagine the sharks in Australia would get them stuck in their teeth. (As apposed to Aussie girls which they’re likely to choke on)

[quote=“Tyc00n”]The countryside in Austria will cure yellow fever. Women there have shape with barely an ounce of fat. Perhaps its the 4 months of skiing they do that gives them perfect shape. (I lost 4kg over my holiday which consisted of 6 hours snowboarding a day for a week)
[/quote]

On a comparable note, try Norway and Sweden for a quick reminder of round-eyed, long-nosed beauty. Perhaps this is a mostly alpine occurrence?

one thing i gotta say about girls from Taiwan :

TOOOOOO SKINNY !!!

It sometimes seems they purposly starv themself to keep body figure.
I find girl who has nice body produced by working out more attrative than just sheer weight drop from not eating healthy enough.

** the best looking asian girl are CBC or ABC **

Yeh, but they’re not going to iron your clothes for you are they.

I don’t let my gf iron my clothes, because she is more likely to burn herself and the clothe than actually smoothening it.

but does Taiwanese girl actually do all that now a day still ? =.- specially the one thats under 25 ?

most Taiwanese girl i’ve encounter are all “indoor flowers” who lack common sense and ability to do anything other than spend money and look pretty.

Uh, Jimmy, that would be most girls under 25. The “strawberry” generation is not limited to the borders of the Asian Tigers.

I think Taiwan has the highest ratio of beauty to beast as far as ethnic Chinese girls go. If this is your cup of tea that is (it is mine) . :slight_smile:

Why is this so? My pet theory is that Taiwanese girls are a mix of Taiwanese aboriginal with all the different provinces of China and the occasional whitey et al thrown in.

Most tAiwanese girls under 30 these days barely know how to tell when water is boiling, nevermind ironing anything. They know where to go to eat, shop, sing and dance and look pretty and thats about it.

I like your pet theory there Tommy, so I’ll add mine.

Ponder the logistics of getting those 2 million odd reffos out of China back as the civil war came to a lurching end. Now consider you’re the person responsible for allowing whomever on those boats out of that rapidly deteriorating hell hole. Let’s say you have some degree of latitude on who you allow . . . x number of soldiers, x number of damsels . . . “Wrong queue missy . . .”

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I like your pet theory there Tommy, so I’ll add mine.

Ponder the logistics of getting those 2 million odd reffos out of China back as the civil war came to a lurching end. Now consider you’re the person responsible for allowing whomever on those boats out of that rapidly deteriorating hell hole. Let’s say you have some degree of latitude on who you allow . . . x number of soldiers, x number of damsels . . . “Wrong queue missy . . .”

HG[/quote]

Hold on, hold on! Back to Slovenia!

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”]I like your pet theory there Tommy, so I’ll add mine.

HG[/quote]

Well, if that was the case I’d like to shake that guys hand. He did a very good job.

Obviously none of you guys have been to Budapest … ?

Okay, I was only 18 then but my god it was incredible!

This is just stupid. Taiwanese don’t think that Vietnam is a ‘marriage heaven.’ Those marrying Vietnamese are Taiwanese on the bottom rungs of the socio-economic ladder that are uncompetitive in the local spouse market.

You’ll see other Taiwanese marrying Mainlanders–my guess is the majority of these are the professional classes and the ‘Taishang’.