Australia vs South Africa Mandela Cup

The Aussies have had a brilliant start and Larkham must be already a strong favourite for Man of the Match. His first try was brilliant and his downfield kick for Mat Rogers to run 40m and score was real class that we havent seen from Australia for a long time.

Go Wallabies 18 South Africa 3 at half time

The boks were much better in the 2nd half but couldnt keep the ball in hand to score… and in the dying seconds when they looked set to score Mat Rogers takes a brilliant intercept pass and with Mitchel supporting Australia scores it’s 5th try.

No try’s for the boks… :blush: :blush:

Now if Australia could kick more conversions we would have had another ten points… :astonished:

waz ze score???

Aussies with 5 trys :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: 30

Boks 12 with 4 penalties and no trys :blush: :blush: .

Chin up Alley, you were thumped :sunglasses:. Caught the second half just after Port Adelaide flogged Melbournrne at AAMI.

ouch
:astonished:
We lost in Oz last year but still managed a bonus point. This time not. Bodes not well.

[quote=“Alleycat”]ouch
:astonished:
We lost in Oz last year but still managed a bonus point. This time not. Bodes not well.[/quote]

No bonus points in the Mandela CUp mate… only the tri-nations :wink:

Isn’t the Mandela Cup part of the Tri-Nations. Just as the Bledisloe is?

Nup, so Australia travel to South Africa to play another two games. The second leg of the Mandela cup and the opening round of the tri-nations.

Tri Nations Schedule

DATE TEAMS VENUE TIME
Saturday, July 30 South Africa v Australia Securior Loftus Stadium, Pretoria TBC
Saturday, August 6 South Africa v New Zealand Newlands Stadium, Capetown TBC
Saturday, August 13 Australia v New Zealand Telstra Stadium, Sydney TBC
Saturday, August 20 Australia v South Africa Subiaco Oval, Perth TBC
Saturday, August 27 New Zealand v South Africa Carisbrook, Dunedin TBC
Saturday, September 3 New Zealand v Australia Eden Park, Auckland TBC

Nup, so Australia travel to South Africa to play another two games. The second leg of the Mandela cup and the opening round of the tri-nations.

Tri Nations Schedule

DATE TEAMS VENUE TIME
Saturday, July 30 South Africa v Australia Securior Loftus Stadium, Pretoria TBC
Saturday, August 6 South Africa v New Zealand Newlands Stadium, Capetown TBC Saturday, August 13 Australia v New Zealand Telstra Stadium, Sydney TBC
Saturday, August 20 Australia v South Africa Subiaco Oval, Perth TBC
Saturday, August 27 New Zealand v South Africa Carisbrook, Dunedin TBC
Saturday, September 3 New Zealand v Australia Eden Park, Auckland TBC[/quote]

Ta

Oh to be home again!!!

Yep, The Ozzies played a fabulous game (apart from Giteau’s miserable kicking - Thank goodness). Their tackling and defence was absolutely awesome and everytime the threatened they scored. Good on 'em.

But 23rd July at ellis park. That will be a different match. My prediction: Boks 28 - 22 Wallabies. (oooh! I so hope I’m right. Otherwise… :blush: )

[quote=“bismarck”]Yep, The Ozzies played a fabulous game (apart from Giteau’s miserable kicking - Thank goodness). Their tackling and defence was absolutely awesome and everytime the threatened they scored. Good on 'em.

But 23rd July at ellis park. That will be a different match. My prediction: Boks 28 - 22 Wallabies. (oooh! I so hope I’m right. Otherwise… :blush: )[/quote]

Well it on live at 8pm tonight so I’ll be happy to watch the Wallabies win again… The margin will probably be a lot closer… Australia by 15 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“bismarck”]Yep, The Ozzies played a fabulous game (apart from Giteau’s miserable kicking - Thank goodness). Their tackling and defence was absolutely awesome and everytime the threatened they scored. Good on 'em.

But 23rd July at ellis park. That will be a different match. My prediction: Boks 28 - 22 Wallabies. (oooh! I so hope I’m right. Otherwise… :blush: )[/quote]

Well it on live at 8pm tonight so I’ll be happy to watch the Wallabies win again… The margin will probably be a lot closer… Australia by 15 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]Can’t be bothered doing the legwork, Jim. Is that live on Star Sports. Could be a good pre game for the AFL at 10;30.

[quote=“amos”][quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“bismarck”]Yep, The Ozzies played a fabulous game (apart from Giteau’s miserable kicking - Thank goodness). Their tackling and defence was absolutely awesome and everytime the threatened they scored. Good on 'em.

Well it on live at 8pm tonight so I’ll be happy to watch the Wallabies win again… The margin will probably be a lot closer… Australia by 15 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:[/quote]Can’t be bothered doing the legwork, Jim. Is that live on Star Sports. Could be a good pre game for the AFL at 10;30.[/quote]

Sorry just saw your post… replay at 1am on star sports… live on my South African satellite… was rugby on Supersports1, cricket on Super Sports 7 and tour de france on supersports 2… :smiley: :smiley:

I have like a mini Tavern setup in my living room tonight.

Right now I’m watching UFC 53 on Supersports 6… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

South Africa (23) 33 Australia (8) 20

??? :astonished:

Bwahahahaha! :laughing:

teggs

Hey its ok, maybe we won’t win the Tri-Nations … again!

EDIT: Sorry Jim, on re-reading my post, I think the language used may have been a little strong considering the situation. It was probably my surprise at the result that produced such a cocky response…

South Africa (23) 33 Australia (8) 20

??? :astonished:

Bwahahahaha! :laughing:

teggs

Hey its ok, maybe we won’t win the Tri-Nations … again!

EDIT: Sorry Jim, on re-reading my post, I think the language used may have been a little strong considering the situation. It was probably my surprise at the result that produced such a cocky response…[/quote]

Winners can be cocky :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SA played well, Aussies gifted to tries… next week is another matter

If Aussie had taken the penalties when they were on offer then they could have won…

5 turned down shots at goal…

SA will win at Ellis park… unless Eddie Jones is doing a Clive Woodward band hiding things up his sleave … (In which case they have no chance)

Cheers!

Daryl

[quote=“daryl_ks”]If Aussie had taken the penalties when they were on offer then they could have won…

5 turned down shots at goal…
SA will win at Ellis park… unless Eddie Jones is doing a Clive Woodward band hiding things up his sleave … (In which case they have no chance)

Cheers!

Daryl[/quote]

Saturday will be a different game… a closer contest

At last the Boks have a center pair.

Go Bokke!!!