Australian beaches

[quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]
I left sunny Australia this morning where I was going surfing everyday back to this greyness and rain. Taoyuan airport really does a lot to destroy someone’s mood, as well.[/quote]

Ah, I don’t blame ya. The moldy smell and the constant rain can really tick off even a sane person.[/quote]

I’m heading up to manly beach tomorrow :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

But sydney is still shit compared to the fun you can have in Taiwan.

[quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]
I left sunny Australia this morning where I was going surfing everyday back to this greyness and rain. Taoyuan airport really does a lot to destroy someone’s mood, as well.[/quote]

Ah, I don’t blame ya. The moldy smell and the constant rain can really tick off even a sane person.[/quote]

But sydney is still shit compared to the fun you can have in Taiwan.[/quote]

My friend told me to skip over Manly Beach because it’s next to a port…I kept driving up the coast a few more hours to 1770/Agnes Water. Wow. All I can say is wow. I spent all my time in Qld, didn’t get a chance to go down to Sydney or Melbourne, definitely next time.

[quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]

My friend told me to skip over Manly Beach because it’s next to a port…I kept driving up the coast a few more hours to 1770/Agnes Water. Wow. All I can say is wow. I spent all my time in Qld, didn’t get a chance to go down to Sydney or Melbourne, definitely next time.[/quote]

lol there’s no ports near manly but there are warnings about pollution after heavy rain but that’s about it. It is the best beach in Sydney imo, not too many people, nice waves and currents and there’s around 3 main beaches too. Bondi on the other hand… wayyyyy too many people.

[quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]

My friend told me to skip over Manly Beach because it’s next to a port…I kept driving up the coast a few more hours to 1770/Agnes Water. Wow. All I can say is wow. I spent all my time in Qld, didn’t get a chance to go down to Sydney or Melbourne, definitely next time.[/quote]

lol there’s no ports near manly but there are warnings about pollution after heavy rain but that’s about it. It is the best beach in Sydney imo, not too many people, nice waves and currents and there’s around 3 main beaches too. Bondi on the other hand… wayyyyy too many people.[/quote]

Oh, I thought you were talking about Manly in Brisbane, my bad.

[quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]

lol there’s no ports near manly but there are warnings about pollution after heavy rain but that’s about it. It is the best beach in Sydney imo, not too many people, nice waves and currents and there’s around 3 main beaches too. Bondi on the other hand… wayyyyy too many people.[/quote]

Oh, I thought you were talking about Manly in Brisbane, my bad.[/quote]

I was a bit confused there about the port as well lol… Manly being one of the most expensive suburbs in Sydney too :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]

You’ve gotta go further north. Mona Vale, Avalon, Whale Beach, the northern end of Palm Beach. Growing up on the northern beaches, the only reason for going near the beach in Manly was to go to the pub.

[quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]

1770/Agnes Water are a loooooong way away from Manly. In fact, I’m pretty damn sure Kingscliffe is closer, and that’s probably the nicest beach on the Gold Coast (it’s also not packed, since it’s in Tweeds instead of somewhere tourist accessible). It is closer, actually, since you can get to the coast down the cleveland-gold coast highway within an hour. Why did you keep going up to 1770?? (Aside from the fact that it’s AMAZING. But it’s like a 5 hour drive, isn’t it?)

As for Sydney, I used to quite like Balmoral beach.

[quote=“tsukinodeynatsu”][quote=“mike029”][quote=“cyborg_ninja”][quote=“PigBloodCake”][quote=“mike029”]

1770/Agnes Water are a loooooong way away from Manly. In fact, I’m pretty damn sure Kingscliffe is closer, and that’s probably the nicest beach on the Gold Coast (it’s also not packed, since it’s in Tweeds instead of somewhere tourist accessible). It is closer, actually, since you can get to the coast down the cleveland-gold coast highway within an hour. Why did you keep going up to 1770?? (Aside from the fact that it’s AMAZING. But it’s like a 5 hour drive, isn’t it?)

As for Sydney, I used to quite like Balmoral beach.[/quote]

I wanted to go diving in the reef (even if it was the most southern point), so I drove up there, then went on some boat out to Lady Musgrave Island. It was really nice. Also, I haven’t driven a car in quite a long time so I thought I should maximize my time driving until I got back here and was reduced to a scooter again. Right side driving actually feels more natural, I think. From Brisbane it took about 7 hours (intermittent rain storms) while dodging tractor-trailers that were going 140 on two lane forest roads, at night, in a rental car that had broken headlights and I had to drive with the high-beams on.

The Whitsundays are only an hour or so north of 1770, aren’t they? Why didn’t you go the whole hog and hit the islands?

Then again, I’m sure 1770 and Mary Ellis are much less crowded than Airlie and the Whitsundays