Australian government meltdown

Just a heads up in case you aren’t following this already. Farcical scenes in Canberra as no one can decide who’s in charge.

Penny Wong is demanding someone, anyone, report to the GG by 5 pm to call a general election and sort the mess out.

This has summed up the state of #auspol for about 5 years. Geez I really can’t tell who I like/dislike more, Turnbull or Dutton.

I hate Dutton. I dislike Turnyballs.

There is one bloke I really like in Australian politics. He is in opposition at the moment as a member of the Australian Labor Party (ALP), but I want to see him as leader of the country. This was a speech he gave 20 years ago in parliament when his nemesis John Howard was Prime Minister.

Anthony Albanese at his finest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Lrqkt4A2M&ab_channel=AnthonyAlbaneseMP

2 Likes

Nice one. I’m hoping Dutton will be disqualified due to his dodgy healthcare companies.

I wouldn’t mind if Bishop took over.

And politicians are still dragging their feet on an anti-crime and corruption commission being established.

They’ll be swingin from the lamppost I tells ya!

Funny, our topic in Chinese class was politics and maybe one week ago I was telling my teacher how many times it’s happened the past few years

Not a huge fan of Prepbull but don’t hate him either.

Well it’s on a knife-edge right now. Turnbull should be out by lunch with the spill declared. Dutton could be in but in the end the high court needs to rule on his eligibility. Also polling in his own electorate suggests he wouldn’t even win re-election if an election was called.

ScoMo wins!

ScoMo, wowee. That was pretty interesting actually.

Fairdinkum… This is embarrassing.

Seven Prime Ministers in 10 years, what a joke.

1 Like