🎾 Tennis | Australian Open

anybody else been watching this? :slight_smile:

Yes, although the Aussie v West Indies 1 dayer is taking precedent at the moment. Watched Federer, Roddick and Hewitt dominate all the matches they’ve played in so far. Federer for mine although would love to see LH win at home.

Looking forward to Federer/Agassi and would love to see the old guy pull this one out, but Federer looks unbeatable. Someone needs to punch Hewitt in the face, he’s such a little prick.

smerf wrote[quote]Someone needs to punch Hewitt in the face, he’s such a little prick.[/quote]The South Americam tried to spit on his face last round.

That was after Hewitt repeatedly yelled “C’mon” for points won on errors from Chela, a classless tactic he pulled in the Blake match as well. Speaking of Blake, that brings to mind Hewitt’s groundless accusation a few years ago in a US Open match against Blake that a linesjudge was favoring Blake because they were both black. I remember that match, the calls were close, but good. Blake, a former Harvard student, graciously let Hewitt off the hook. Given that, you’d think Hewitt could show a bit more class on the court against Blake.

On the plus side, at least he now has a better looking girlfriend in the family/friends box.

smerf wrote[quote]That was after Hewitt repeatedly yelled “C’mon” for points won on errors from Chela[/quote]Of course that makes it OK. I opologise for missing that :blush:

Actually, I think Chela’s spitting was classless too, but perhaps understandable. A simple “shut the f*ck up!” during a changeover would have been much better.

Federer is the man.
His gonna kick ass for a few more years.

Yea, that was pretty impressive. Semi finals most likely 1 v 4 and 2 v 3. My tip, Fererer to absolutely polax whoever (Roddick or Hewitt) in the final.

Molik’s out :frowning: Lost to Davenport (daven-moose)… 4-6, 6-4, 9-7
very tight match though

The Hewitt/Nalbandian Quarterfinal should be fun now that Nalbandian has spoken out against Hewitt’s on-court behavior:

[quote]Hewitt has been heavily criticized for his exuberant on-court antics this past week. Past and present players complained about his behavior after Argentine Juan Ignacio Chela became so irritated he spat at Hewitt. Chela was fined $2,000 for unsportsmanlike behavior. Nalbandian, a Davis Cup teammate of Chela’s, raised the stakes ahead of his clash with Hewitt by denouncing his actions, saying he would not be intimidated. "It’s not easy when you have one guy behind the net doing that

Great game that one and plenty of ill feeling too. Hewitt 10-8 in the fifth.

Good game Hewie!!!

Happy Australia Day, my fellow ‘Straynes’!!

Safin just saved a match point and then went on to win the set. Safin v Federer, Semi Final, 2 sets all. What a ripper.

Serena Williams is in trouble. Worth watching on channel 73.

Osaka Gauff has the potential of a classic.

Wow! Gauff attacks the net. You don’t see that much these days.

Watched it, was happy she lost after saw her win a point with a lucky netcord, not only she didn’t apologize but she also screamed and face pumped. Thought Wang would crumble after losing the second set.

Vintage Raonic in action :grinning:

I get the idea she doesn’t really like Chinese people…