Austrian Fascist Dies In Car Crash

Damnit, and I thought he was a Himmler. I feel so let down.

With the phrase “good pal” there, you just lost your credibility. They served on a board together, one that was organized and funded by one of the most stalwart Republican couples in the nation.

Sure they are. He’s not a “pal” and doesn’t hang around with Ayres. But then Ayres might have a lot of other closer relationships to McCain supporters. Read a bit, will you? The Annenbergs were the ones who set up the CAC, whose board Obama and Ayers and a number of other people served on. Leonore Annenberg’s endorsement of John McCain was glady touted by McCain recently, and yet she and her husband put $50 million into the hands of the education-reform organization that Ayers was on the board of with Obama.

The Republicans don’t rein in their loony extremists – they are the party of loony extremists.

It’s possible they could decide that, or else they could come to the more rational conclusion that the American people want rational, calm, intelligent leaders who don’t preside over interminable race-baiting sessions. Or they could conclude that choosing a goofy veep candidate whose main governmental legacy is as a porkbarrell princess is not a good idea. Or they could decide that having a presidential candidate who has admitted he doesn’t know much about the economy is a bad thing to have during a financial shitstorm. Or they could perhaps catch on that the GOP has deviated substantially from conservativism in any classic sense of the word. Frankly, I don’t think it looks good at GOP events for them to be selling all those racist buttons (questioning if it could still be called the “White House” if Obama were to win) and even that racist waffle mix (all giant lips and rollin’ eyes cartoon), even if there is a strong demand among the party’s white-sheeters.

Well, you can just take that to the bank, then, can’t you.

McSame is not absolutely evil, but he is now pathetic and desperate enough that he’s stuck with cheerleading dwindling crowds of violent and hateful losers. So McSame gets a name that reflects his sad, pathetic and desperate state. I’ll tell you what’s “not a good thing” – having fat, bald cheesedicks like this guy all over Youtube might not be a “good thing”: uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy2DgDWne … re=related

Funny how every discussion now comes back to the US presidential election. :laughing:

As for Haider, I am glad he has been exposed as a hypocrite and a liar. The increasing strength of the far-right in many places in Europe is a worry, I look forward to the downfall of more fascists.

• wikipedia

From the looks of the article, (the OP is gay himself), the argument suggests that closet gays are more extreme right to compensate, and may be in organizations like political parties, churches, etc., and may, due to inner psychological turmoil more than real ideology, indirectly hurt other gays from their positions of authority. pretty sad, if true.

andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/t … rs-ga.html[/quote]

Johann Hari’s view

[quote]Some 10,000 gay people were slaughtered in the Nazi death-camps. Many more were humiliated, jailed, deported, ethnically cleansed, or castrated. One gay survivor of the camps, LD Classen von Neudegg, has written about his experiences. A snapshot: “Three men had tried to escape one night. They were captured, and when they returned they had the word ‘homo’ scrawled across their clothing. They were placed on a block and whipped. Then they were forced to beat a drum and cheer, ‘Hurrah! We’re back! Hurrah!’ Then they were hanged.” This is one of the milder events documented in his book.

So the idea of a gay fascist seems ridiculous. Yet when the British National Party - our own home-grown Holocaust-denying bigots - announced it was fielding an openly gay candidate in the European elections this June, dedicated followers of fascism didn’t blink. The twisted truth is that gay men have been at the heart of every major fascist movement that ever was - including the gay-gassing, homo-cidal Third Reich. With the exception of Jean-Marie Le Pen, all the most high-profile fascists in Europe in the past thirty years have been gay[/quote]
huffingtonpost.com/johann-ha … 36697.html

The idea of gay fascists is quite hard to get my head around, as much as the Jewish fascist would be. But strangely the gay fascist seems to be the norm.

I read somewhere that some of the founder members of Musolini’s party were Jewish. Antisemitism was a Nazi thing, not present in the original fascism. Musolini apparently was very opposed to the Nazi race laws too, and only accepted them at the end of the war when he was put back in power by the Germans and largely a figurehead for a German government.

Edit: Disregard that. Apparently I have lost my credibility. Oh noes! Maybe I should post a thread in Where Can I Find to get some more.

Hey, something else occurs to me. If you were gay in the Netherlands or Austria, might not being against the rise of political Islam be in your interests?

Sort of like the flamboyantly gay Pim Fortuyn, who in retrospect Haider resembled far more than he did skinhead types like Nick Griffin. I’m guessing angry homophobes forcing you to seek police protection and then brutally murdering you might mess up your social life somewhat.

In fact, the whole thing might make you rather keen on preserving liberal society, even if you think it’s a bit too statist for your tastes.

But what do I know. I’m sure the liberal members of this forum are correct in condemning people standing up for European liberal society and apologising for the people who want to kill them.