Authentic Udon and Ramen

This one? 鷹流東京醬油拉麵蘭丸 Google Maps

As for udon, Marugame isn’t half bad and it’s cheap. They’re everywhere in Japan so if you want “authentic” udon, it is in sense that it’s one of the most ubiquitous udon chains in Japan.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s authentic but this place called 鬼金棒 is really good. 辣麻味噌沾麵鬼金棒台北總店|台北中山區|帶著地獄辣度卻讓人無可自拔的重口味 - 小食日記

They have the option for both how 麻 and how 辣 in spicy.

1 Like

That dish may well be delicious–but that is neither udon nor ramen. :slight_smile:

Guy

It’s ramen? Why would it not be?

I would say it’s ramen, there is wide range of what is ramen (lots of regional differences before, and now just new ideas !)

recently i’ve tried ichiramen, which was really good but seems like a place i would only go once, the queing and whole experience felt very touristy.

ramen ogawa. seems like a new place. its pretty basic but its legit. meat is good too.

tried totto a while ago, it didn’t do it for me. seemed very fatty.

nagi ramen is probably the one i’ve been to the most. reliable!

finding a good ramen place is something you really need to be careful about here. that feeling that i have wasted my time going to a disappointing non legit ramen place is just the worst. there’s tons of crap ones.

I think Ichi ramen is not bad. But it’s pretty pricey for what it is imo.

Ramen Ogawa is not new; it’s been around a while. Their ramen was very good indeed when Japanese from the honten (original shop) were behind the counter; it was still OK the last time I visited with all Taiwanese staff. BUT if you eat there, I’d advise ordering the less fatty soup and less fatty pork. Otherwise yes I agree with @BHL4life that it is too fatty!

Guy

It’s got a hell of a bite.

Ramen Ogawa will be closing its doors at the end of the month. :cry: Get it while you still can.

2 Likes

sad, but getting with hard high rents and not able to increase prices much. Seen other Japanese friends working food, move back to Japan or other places with better outlook. My Japan home area rents are much less. Only higher end Japanese places doing well, as they can raise prices

You mean Ichiran, right? Don’t get why people are so willing to line up for over an hour and pay over 300NT for a small bowl of ramen with 3 thin slices of pork.

Why?!? That places does roaring business. :slightly_frowning_face:

Guy

Doesn’t say.

1 Like