Auto Checkers Car Rentals

Edited:

We have started car rentals

For as low as 334NT a day for long term rental and 1,000 per day for short term.

Check it out!

We have two cars on the road and ready to rent at this time. Hopefully with a little help from you chaps on the forums here we might be able to do more.
I’m having a hell of a job right now trying to find means of advertising our services that don’t require a small mountain of cash though, so its a real struggle at this time.
I’m hoping you folks here can help spread the word?!

Any chance of some help? Please? :bow: I am really looking for some advice on where to place ads that at least have some impact, but which I don’t have to sell my child for placing.

All servicing, insurance and tax included from NT$10,000 per month.

On a related note, I remember a car sharing co-op organization that was going in Vancouver when I was there. A group of people would pay monthly dues to have a car for certain periods of time. There were a few rules and things regarding insurance and stuff. I few of my friends went this way, and they found it very great due to the price and the fact that most people don’t really need a car all the time.

Myself, I would love to have access to a little van for only a few days a month for my various DIY stuff or going to the beach, etc. If the servicing and tax were part of a monthly fee, and the vehicle was in safe condition, I would love that.

I’ve thought a lot about getting a cheap beater lately, but don’t really have the use for one to worry about full time.

Anyway, I like the idea, Sulavaca. Maybe I could rent a March for a month and really see if I need or want a vehicle that badly.

You should consider little blue trucks and vans as well.

I like the idea, I hope however that you have insurance down pat.

I suggest that you are looking at something like the “rent a wreck” services in the west, IE an older car in good order rented out cheaper than hertz.

An addition could be to rent out an old beater delica or whatever for people moving house on the cheap.

I like the idea, too. It’s the kind of thing I could very well be interested in if my car got stolen or wrecked.

Is that price reasonable? I haven’t paid much attention to rental costs, but my friend’s car was off the road recently and he rented for a month or two. As I recall, it was 10k or maybe 12k, but the car was a brand-new Camry still with the saran wrap stuff covering the shiny bits on the interior.

Well, better ask about that, IE where would your pricing be vis a vis say Hotai or Avis or whoever is the big competitor in Taiwan. There might be some offsetting factors, IE depreciations etc making it possible to rent them out cheaper based on tax deductions.

What about a lease with option to buy option?

What about traffic fines? This is/was a large part in Bikefarm’s business.

There is obviously a deposit required to cover potential damages and traffic fines. The deposit is only refundable after one month to allow for any fines to clear.

Here are two alternate rental services. I think these prices I can outdo quite easily.

rentalcar.com.tw/

car-plus.com.tw/english/price.htm

I will be concentrating on long term rentals though of minimum two months initially. A van I could do on short term, but it would be more expensive. Basically I am taking orders now within reason (vans later). I have the customer contract sorted and I will source and ready a vehicle for anyone who is interested with a week or two’s notice.

We have started car rentals

For as low as 334NT a day for long term rental and 1,000 per day for short term.

Check it out!

We have two cars on the road and ready to rent at this time. Hopefully with a little help from you chaps on the forums here we might be able to do more.
I’m having a hell of a job right now trying to find means of advertising our services that don’t require a small mountain of cash though, so its a real struggle at this time.
I’m hoping you folks here can help spread the word?!

Any chance of some help? Please? :bow: I am really looking for some advice on where to place ads that at least have some impact, but which I don’t have to sell my child for placing.

[quote=“sulavaca”]
Any chance of some help? Please? :bow: I am really looking for some advice on where to place ads that at least have some impact, but which I don’t have to sell my child for placing.[/quote]
The joys of parenthood are overrated and short-lived at best. :wink:

Why not put a banner ad up here?

[quote=“redwagon”][quote=“sulavaca”]
Any chance of some help? Please? :bow: I am really looking for some advice on where to place ads that at least have some impact, but which I don’t have to sell my child for placing.[/quote]
The joys of parenthood are overrated and short-lived at best. :wink:

Why not put a banner ad up here?[/quote]

I have one up here, but I guess it can’t be good if you haven’t noticed!

I just overhauled the prices as the previous ones turned out to be entirely profit free. They haven’t gone up my much and we are still the cheapest rentals around by far.

I’m looking for an additional vehicle now as all cars are out for the time being.

Perhaps another Sentra, this time a four door…Hmm…

What kind of cars do would you folks here think about being useful to your needs when considering a rental for Taiwan? Please mention long term or short term with your suggestions.

And of course bare in mind the cost of rentals we are offering. I’m afraid brand new BMW M3s are out for the question.

So…Any thoughts?

Oh, and I know I should know this already, but where do people get English paper maps of Taiwan here? I’ve never had to buy one I just realised. :blush:

Ever thought about Facebook? I was doing some consulting with agroup last year that was considering it. If the plan hasn’t changed the pricing is interesting…you can pay per impression or pay per click and it is on a bidding system. You bid how much you’re willing to pay and FB has some algorithm which determines if/when it accepts your price and displays the ad. You can also target strict demographics on who sees the ad so you could at least start with people who claim to be located in TW. How to then target westerners or locals, not sure, not sure that matters to you.

IIRC, it was a very low commitment to try it out, like even $20 and you can see if anyone clicks your ads…

I have no experience on which to base an opinion of how effective it is. My wife’s TW cousins who are in their mid 30’s are on Facebook ALL THE TIME if that’s any indication of FB popularity among Taiwaneese.

Yes, I was told about Facebook just a few days ago as it happens. I haven’t thought about it much, but I have at least started to build an A.C. page on their.
I didn’t know about the click and pay ads though. That’s something else to look into I suppose. Thanks for the advice. :bravo:

Some ideas:

Do you have your business cards at the Center in Taipei? You could also make up a small info card for people to take away, listing your services. you can put them at the center for free.

The Center also publishes Taipei Living, but you just missed their latest printing. You could look at an ad in Centered On Taipei.

Do you advertise on parentpages? There is a good base of expat families using that site, too.

If you write me an informational piece for my blog, www.kidzone-tw.com, I’ll post it up with a link for you. Just a short background of your business and how you can help expat families with their car needs. Send me a pic you have one.

Write an article about traveling by car in Taiwan and hit up either Centered on Taipei with the article, and they give you a free note at the end where you list your business, or send it out to people with travelintaiwan sites/blogs you like and do a link exchange in return for a useful article.

Have a couple more ideas, if you like this kind of strategy.

Any plans into extending this business into driving lessons?

[quote=“asiababy”]Some ideas:

Do you have your business cards at the Center in Taipei? You could also make up a small info card for people to take away, listing your services. you can put them at the center for free.

The Center also publishes Taipei Living, but you just missed their latest printing. You could look at an ad in Centered On Taipei.

Do you advertise on parentpages? There is a good base of expat families using that site, too.

If you write me an informational piece for my blog, kidzone-tw.com, I’ll post it up with a link for you. Just a short background of your business and how you can help expat families with their car needs. Send me a pic you have one.

Write an article about traveling by car in Taiwan and hit up either Centered on Taipei with the article, and they give you a free note at the end where you list your business, or send it out to people with travelintaiwan sites/blogs you like and do a link exchange in return for a useful article.

Have a couple more ideas, if you like this kind of strategy.[/quote]

Yes, I do indeed have information at The Center, inluding name cards, DMs, an A4 ad, and I also have a colour full page ad in Taipei Living this year.

The articles for other people’s blogs and sites is a good idea. I can do this on a request basis. I also provide free talks for groups and businesses who wish to learn about the basics of getting on the roads of Taiwan and choosing an appropriate transport.

Icon: Of course I would love to have the time and funds to develop a driving program for people here. I don’t believe however that I personally would make the best instructor without any experience working as one. Criticising the instruction offered here and providing a suitable alternative are two very different things. I certainly have a good idea of what would make for an appropriate education in this regard, but I don’t have the resources, the money, or the time to set up such a thing by myself. If the government were interested however, then I would love to offer them assistance. It would require a group effort to get such a thing off the ground and practised on a large scale.
In the meantime I can offer plenty of practical advice for those coming here on what to look out for when driving, and areas they should practice themselves, including some methods of safe practice so that they may drive or ride more safely when taking into account local road design and driving norms.

Thanks for the advice people. Its all good.

The rentals have started out quite well with the cars both out on long term rental basis.
I am looking to locate more suitable vehicles to put on the road now in addition to those out there already.
I am also thinking about bringing in a hire-purchase plan for those who wish to eventually own the car after renting it for a time. If anyone is interested in such a plan, then feel free to let me know here or send me a mail and I’ll likely set something up.

Cheers. :sunglasses:

We have just added another car to the rentals listing.
Its an absolute gem of an E-class Merc (E220) which is in staggeringly good condition. It looks like it just came out of the showroom! Not a spec of dirt on it or in it.
No food and definitely no smoking please.

actaiwan.com/car_rentals.php

We have another car going online next week. I’ll update once its all sorted.

I’m just about to put another rental on the road and I thought you might like a guess at what it is.

I was putting on a new layer or rustproofing when I took these pics.

Kin yu gis wod id is yet?