Auto Checkers Car Rentals

Interesting rear axle, is it a van of some kind?

Is rust proofing a godo think in Taiwan?

[quote=“Mr He”]Interesting rear axle, is it a van of some kind?

Is rust proofing a godo think in Taiwan?[/quote]

I really don’t know what a godo think is.
If I have to guess, I imagine that you are asking if rust proofing is either necessary or something which locals generally do or approve of…??

Well it isn’t something which locals generally do, but I advise anyone to do who either lives near the coast or who often visits the coast i.e foreign surfing and diving customers. (that’s not a clue)

Having to rustproof this particular brand of car is actually a clue as to what it might be though. They certainly aren’t known for their rustproofing, and is the main reason many of them end up put out of service earlier on than their counterparts.
I’m catching this one early before any serious damage takes place.

Zace?

Nope. No rear differential there, or ladder chassis.

Look at its exhaust and thin rear dampers.

[quote=“sulavaca”]Yes, I was told about Facebook just a few days ago as it happens. I haven’t thought about it much, but I have at least started to build an A.C. page on their.
I didn’t know about the click and pay ads though. That’s something else to look into I suppose. Thanks for the advice. :bravo:[/quote]

Yes, Facebook. The demographic targeting is exceptionally good, the bid prices are reasonable. You can set your budget. You also get a picture, so you can use an enticing picture of one of the cars. You can get it done in like 2 minutes. You also trackback to see how well the clicks and the call-to-action on the target page is leading to rentals.

We’ve had good success with it and Google Ads. Facebook does let you tune better, however.

BTW, you can use the filters to get a TAM or for any number of market research tasks. For example here is a quick one I just did:

18+, English (All), Male & Female = 253,540 people estimated reach
18+, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Male & Female = 6,340,860 people estimated reach
18+, Chinese (All), Male & Female = 6,548,300 people estimated reach

Interesting deltas there. Basically the number of people who use FB in simplified Chinese in Taiwan is 80% of the number of people who use FB in English in Taiwan. You can do that shit all day long for the data that you need if you’re doing some TAM estimates for research, but tuning an ad takes seconds.

You can also target people on their birthdays. For example if you ran a birthday special today for 18+, Chinese (All) + English (All), Male & Female… you hit 140 people with an ad that can say “Happy Birthday”

[quote=“mabagal”][quote=“sulavaca”]Yes, I was told about Facebook just a few days ago as it happens. I haven’t thought about it much, but I have at least started to build an A.C. page on their.
I didn’t know about the click and pay ads though. That’s something else to look into I suppose. Thanks for the advice. :bravo:[/quote]

Yes, Facebook. The demographic targeting is exceptionally good, the bid prices are reasonable. You can set your budget. You also get a picture, so you can use an enticing picture of one of the cars. You can get it done in like 2 minutes. You also trackback to see how well the clicks and the call-to-action on the target page is leading to rentals.

We’ve had good success with it and Google Ads. Facebook does let you tune better, however.

BTW, you can use the filters to get a TAM or for any number of market research tasks. For example here is a quick one I just did:

18+, English (All), Male & Female = 253,540 people estimated reach
18+, Traditional Chinese (Taiwan), Male & Female = 6,340,860 people estimated reach
18+, Chinese (All), Male & Female = 6,548,300 people estimated reach

Interesting deltas there. Basically the number of people who use FB in simplified Chinese in Taiwan is 80% of the number of people who use FB in English in Taiwan. You can do that shit all day long for the data that you need if you’re doing some TAM estimates for research, but tuning an ad takes seconds.

You can also target people on their birthdays. For example if you ran a birthday special today for 18+, Chinese (All) + English (All), Male & Female… you hit 140 people with an ad that can say “Happy Birthday”[/quote]

That’s very good news and advice. I’ll be sure to find the time one of these days to continue to set up a page in the facebook zone. I hate facebook, but it seems everything revolves around it these days.

By the way, as nobody guessed it right. The new car online is a Ford Festiva.

Its a fantastically restored [by me of course] 2000 model. It has a brand new Mp3 input stereo with Pioneer speakers. I was testing it for a few days and so set it up to work with a smartphone.

I’m really pleased with the rentals progress, and of course thank anyone who has supported me by renting. Almost all renters so far have come from Forumosa.

I’m working on also offering another option for foreigners looking for budget cars, by not only renting them out, but offering a sale option. I haven’t got around to putting the information on the website yet, but I am offering full, and I mean FULL warranties on all cars available for a period of one year, and all also include a full service at the start. The rental cars will basically be available for purchase. If someone wants to rent one and try it out for a few days or months even, I will reduce the price should they decide to purchase in accordance with how long they have rented it. Otherwise they can be purchased outright for a set price. I’m working on the finer details, but basically I am starting from now.

All enquiries are welcomed

Oh, and we’ll offer direct loans too with a percentage down-payment.

[quote=“sulavaca”]By the way, as nobody guessed it right. The new car online is a Ford Festiva.

[/quote]

So anxious was I to acquire axle-recognition cred (pathetic, really) that I actually looked under one of them, cos they are
(a) front wheel drive
(b) I guessed they might not be VERY rust resistant or hugely robust (though its not as if they’re, like, ITALIAN or anything)
© most tellingly,they are (along with the Mercedes, your other recent acquisition) one of the models of car you have specifically slagged off in the past.

I guess a Citroen and a Jeep Wrangler are next in the lineup?

As far as I could tell it didn’t look anything like that. I guess either they’ve varied or I didn’t stick my head far enough under. Bugger!

Don’t get me wrong. Leave looking after high maintenance cars to the pros. I’d still recommend me doing all the hard work, not you.

Since I can’t recognise an axle when I’m actually looking at it, I guess you could be right.

Oh, give yourself some credit.

I’ve just updated the rentals page with two more cars as well as information on the coming special offer.

I Would Be interested to Rent as long as the 20000nt deposit could be made in cash or with a Debit card.
I currently Don’t have a credit card or good credit and these 2 things stopped me from renting 99% of the
time in USA but I never had a problem renting in Thailand with only cash/debit card
I do have a passport/international License

[quote=“chrisE30bm”]I would Be interested to Rent as long as the 20000nt deposit could be made in cash or with a Debit card.
I currently Don’t have a credit card or good credit and these 2 things stopped me from renting 99% of the
time in USA but I never had a problem renting in Thailand with only cash/debit card
I do have a passport/international License[/quote]

Then you are in luck. We only do cash.

Sulavaca, we may be interested in a lease-to-own on a lightly used Mazda5, Wish or Camry. We won’t put in a specific request until we’ve researched and test-driven new models of these, but after we do, if we choose one, would your acquiring a used one for such a lease-to-own contract be an option, or are you only interested in offering this option on vehicles already in your fleet? And if the latter, then if you sourced from a used car dealer for us, do such dealers offer reasonable lease-to-own deals in Taiwan?

Lease to own as far as other companies are concerned I must say I know little about and is an area I would have to do some research on. I know from general experience that lease to own is never going to be as inexpensive than buying outright, but then the leaser must also package in some responsibility concerning servicing, repairs, breakdown recovery etc. Someone mentioned the difference between lease to own and zero interest on another page. Well it may well be the case that the two costs may be similar in some circumstances, but then again zero interest loans almost always cost more than paying cash and purchasing outright. If for example I was to sell you a new car (which I can) for book price at cash, I would be happy to include the cost of your servicing for three plus years. The profit I would make would be higher than the cost of your servicing.
Its cheaper to pay cash up front and cover the cost of your own servicing as you will usually be able to negotiate a better purchase price. As far as new cars are concerned it is a fact that they are selling far more nowadays because of extended warranty periods, some as many as eight years. In this case, paying cash again offers no disadvantages to leasing and will only save money. If you need a man to pick your car up and take it for servicing such as what may be provided in a leasing contract, then just find a man and pay him, as its cheaper.
(some car brands such as VW however are selling vehicles to themselves to distort sales figures and manipulate prices, but that’s another subject)

Presently I am only personally interested in leasing models which are available on my rentals page. This is basically because many foreigners want affordable, reliable transport which doesn’t loose much in the way of residuals over a period of a few years. I am the only person who will be confident enough in his older vehicles and who doesn’t mind making little money to offer such a deal.
I don’t have the multi million dollar budget to enter the “almost-new” category of vehicles, and most of my customers are neither interested in this type of leasing anyway.
Also with the uncertain nature of foreigners and their residence status makes this type of expensive investment rather risky. This is in fact the main reason why its almost impossible for foreigners to attain loans for cars on the island. Taiwan has almost no legal might in the world and so retrieving stolen-shipped vehicles or missing payments can be impossible.

Leasing may work well for some people. I know one of my friends prefers to lease one of his vehicles as he can change his model to suit his changing lifestyle and needs and he doesn’t have the hassle of finding a buyer at the end of his vehicle’s use. He doesn’t seem to mind the issue with the costs as much as he minds the issue of inconvenience. It is after all convenience which is the biggest advantage of leasing, but more so with older cars of some types and less with newer vehicles depending on their build.

Sulavaca, I’m thinking of renting a new rescue vehicle, which, probably, would need to be hire purchase, because you wouldn’t be able to hire it out after I’d had it for any amount of time. I like the idea of everything being taken care of, as I’m so disorganized that that kind of stuff just builds up. Do you have any suitable cars?

I will PM you