Automotive paints

I dont mean the one that comes in tiny bottles for touching up cars, but ones that comes in quarts or gallons (or 1000cc/4000 cc) cans… you know, color coats, 2K urethane clears, stuff like that. Anyone in Taipei sells them?

I got a spray rig so no spray cans… seriously!

[quote=“rahimiiii”]I don’t mean the one that comes in tiny bottles for touching up cars, but ones that comes in quarts or gallons (or 1000cc/4000 cc) cans… you know, color coats, 2K urethane clears, stuff like that. Anyone in Taipei sells them?

I got a spray rig so no spray cans… seriously![/quote]

Large mechanics who deal with bodywork always have some or can order it for you. If you don’t have any luck in Taipei and don’t mind coming down to Taichung I can put you in touch with my mechanic who can order any colour/finish you want for pressure spraying.

[quote=“llary”][quote=“rahimiiii”]I don’t mean the one that comes in tiny bottles for touching up cars, but ones that comes in quarts or gallons (or 1000cc/4000 cc) cans… you know, color coats, 2K urethane clears, stuff like that. Anyone in Taipei sells them?

I got a spray rig so no spray cans… seriously![/quote]

Large mechanics who deal with bodywork always have some or can order it for you. If you don’t have any luck in Taipei and don’t mind coming down to Taichung I can put you in touch with my mechanic who can order any colour/finish you want for pressure spraying.[/quote]

I rather not have to go to a bodyshop for this, surely there are shops that sells paints for cars?? I don’t think I can come to Taichung but if worst comes to worst maybe you can get the mechanic you know to help me buy some 2 part polyester sealer (clear) and mail it to Taipei? I don’t need a lot of it, just a quart at the very most. I spray lacquer most the time just need some 2 part polyester to seal open pore woods. (I could not find any decent wood fillers in Taiwan… can’t order it from the States due to hazard shipping restriction)

Some black pigment powder would also be nice…

[quote=“rahimiiii”]I rather not have to go to a bodyshop for this, surely there are shops that sells paints for cars?? I don’t think I can come to Taichung but if worst comes to worst maybe you can get the mechanic you know to help me buy some 2 part polyester sealer (clear) and mail it to Taipei? I don’t need a lot of it, just a quart at the very most. I spray lacquer most the time just need some 2 part polyester to seal open pore woods. (I could not find any decent wood fillers in Taiwan… can’t order it from the States due to hazard shipping restriction)

Some black pigment powder would also be nice…[/quote]

I looked for ages and could only find distributors who wouldn’t sell direct. The bodyshops don’t add on huge markups and they have books of colour swatches so you can match up the right colour.

You can get 250-500ml tins of primary lacquer colours and sealer from any large 五金行 wu jin hang. I’ve got some small tins in the basement as we speak. And I just thought… maybe the paint store on Shi-da road sells this stuff? I doubt it, but maybe.

Well, If I can find those color shifting pearl flakes it would be a BIG plus, although I can probably find them online that can be shipped since they are only powder… Its funny Taiwan doesn’t sell too many professional items direct… usually only big suppliers who wont sell anything less than 55 gal drums. It makes DIY jobs very hard when quality items are next to impossible to find… almost as if theres a law against it or something.

I can find clear lacquers that meets my need at paint stores, just need a good sealer for open pore wood, because I can’t find any here. Polyester sealer is good because they sand easily, I can’t sand epoxy at all!

[quote=“rahimiiii”]Well, If I can find those color shifting pearl flakes it would be a BIG plus, although I can probably find them online that can be shipped since they are only powder… Its funny Taiwan doesn’t sell too many professional items direct… usually only big suppliers who wont sell anything less than 55 gal drums. It makes DIY jobs very hard when quality items are next to impossible to find… almost as if theres a law against it or something.

I can find clear lacquers that meets my need at paint stores, just need a good sealer for open pore wood, because I can’t find any here. Polyester sealer is good because they sand easily, I can’t sand epoxy at all![/quote]

Okay, if you just want the sealer then hardware stores are the way to go. Any largeish wu jin hang carries medium-sized tins of lacquer paints and polyester sealers. Good luck!

There was a paint supplier in Hsindian that I visited once to pick up some small quantity of paint for my old car, somewhere near the Chunho area. He suppied the Suzuki workshop in Hsindian, you could always call them and ask them where he is.