too many of our regular posters with avatar images hosted at imageshack are having their pic replaced with the generic “domain is not registered. please register your domain before using imageshack” warning instead.

what happened recently?

It’s a French conspiracy, IMO.

OK, maybe it’s me. That has started happening on other fora and blogs too.

Damn I hate them fuckin Frenchies…

See, the Chief. I can’t see the Chief.

can you?

Just thank god they aren’t all hello kitty again.

I see the weirdness too. Only affects avatars on Imageshack.

It’s to my utmost joy that Ron Jeremy’s not French. And that my avatar’s not hosted by les imageshaque.

that was cool.

And this morning I CAN see the chief’s avatar. Lucky me!

Who is that mofo, BTW? And why is he talking to his shoe? And why does his shoe look like a vandalised telephone?

I get a generic avatar for the chief saying “Your country can only view this image by logging into Imageshack”. I’m not sure how a country can log into imageshack though. :ponder:

same same here - I just re-submitted my avatar link.
Seems to be working…at this point in time.

[quote=“TainanCowboy”]same same here - I just re-submitted my avatar link.
Seems to be working…at this point in time.[/quote]

It was working for a bit there but you’re a frozen frog again now. :s
I had the same problem and have tried registering and logging into Imageshack to reupload the image, making sure it is a shared public image, and then posting that link. It is working for the moment. I was previously just uploading and grabbing the link, without bothering to register or sign in. Perhaps they are trying to discourage that behavior?

I’ll toggle between images uploaded with and without registering to see whether one kind disappears and another doesn’t.

I’ve been getting this too (not only on Forumosa). I logged into my own Imageshack account, refreshed one of the offending threads and the images all appeared. I suspect it’s some new policy by Imageshack, but I think they’re kinda shooting themselves in the foot by insisting people log in/register, etc.

I get the impression from the message that it is possible to register Forumosa with Imageshack as another way to solve this, though. Can someone post the exact message again? I’m not getting it now, due to having logged into my account.

What I see is a frog in an ice cube, underneath which is written [quote]Domain Unregistered.
To view, register at: bit.ly/imageshack-domain[/quote]

I tried logging out at Imageshack to see if it was only letting people who are currently logged in there to see the images, but that isn’t it; I can see my image (uploaded while registered and logged in) but not yours, Stu, and I’m logged out right now.

[quote=“Dragonbones”]What I see is a frog in an ice cube, underneath which is written [quote]Domain Unregistered.
To view, register at: bit.ly/imageshack-domain[/quote]

I tried logging out at Imageshack to see if it was only letting people who are currently logged in there to see the images, but that isn’t it; I can see my image (uploaded while registered and logged in) but not yours, Stu, and I’m logged out right now.[/quote]

That looks easy enough to register Forumosa. I suppose Maoman or Goose Egg should be the ones to do it, though. Looks like a two-minute, free operation though.

Odd. I’ll send that link to Gus by PM and ask if he minds doing so.

Yeah, I can’t see him minding. It would make things a lot smoother with images here and will take him next to no time. Still a very strange policy by Imageshack.

Yeah, I can’t see him minding. It would make things a lot smoother with images here and will take him next to no time. Still a very strange policy by Imageshack.[/quote]
Guys, thanks for bringing this to my attention :bow: I have completed the form. Let’s see what they say

working now.

this intarweb is a weird puppy.