Average baby weight for mixed race baby

I just got my first 3 hours sleep since friday. thanks for the advice. Baby is healthy but likes to scream and cry alot. we keep her well fed with booby milk and formula and that keeps her managable. I actually go to kindergarten for the peace and quiet now.

For the record, the adventist hospital was great. we had no problems at all there. the delivery was tough but that was genetics and a big headed baby’s fault. i would recomend anyone else having a baby to run not walk away from NTUH and look into the adventist. I think it was a bit more expensive. what have others paid for prenatal and delivery? it cost me between 17 and 20 grand N.T with insurance.

I already got that back from the red envelopes
finally something i like about chinese culture :laughing:

Only NT$20,000? Wow. It’s practically $20,000 USD to have a baby in the States.

Adventist was good for me for one birth too. We paid less than 20,000 with insurance. Paid 20000 at Chung Shan. Both stays were only 48 hours.

there was a surcharge for the extra 2 eperderal (???) unts. she went through 2 bags of mediceine and I also discovered that i can order lunch and charge it to our medical account.

it was still pretty cheap.

I’ve never figured this out. The epidural is an extra 5000 or so right? But twice now, I’ve paid more than a friend who opted for the epidurals, and stayed longer than I did. I should have paid 5000 less it seems. Still, no complaints. Healthcare is still more affordable than at home.

they told us at the hospital that the “painless” delivery is 6000 then on the paper it said 7000 but then they charged us 7100

what kind of room did you stay in.
we stayed in a dorm room that was about as comfortable as a 2 dollar egyption hostel. actually that was why we left a bit early. there was only one bathroom and it was a bit dirty also this woman across from ushad lost her baby and was acting a little scary. she was screaming on the phone that she was going to kill herself or something like that and she keptstaring at us .i sympathized with her but i thought it was time to go.
baby’s crying

ps formula or booby milk???

Private room, smallish but still nice enough. An extra 2000 or 3000 per day I think.

Poor lady. I’d feel like dying myself. But I probably wouldn’t have wanted to stick around to see if she’d do anything crazy.

(Breastfeeding Nazi alert) Booby milk, of course! :wink: Formula’s harder to digest. Brace yourself for the “colic” in about 3-4 weeks. Visit us at the ParentPages.net forum when you get to that point… the other moms have all kinds of ideas to share about getting through that rough period and someone just brought back a new ointment from Canada that looks very promising.

Just remembered something… your wife had an epidural so she was laboring in the hospital. I’m surprised that they didn’t rush her as they tend to do here. How did you manage to keep the doctors waiting for 36 hours? Lots of anxious parents interested in this kind of information.

I was a cute fat wasian baby lol

4 Likes

@Hapadoge, welcome to the club.
You can tease your dad on this :point_up_2:.
Our second one was over 4000g, so definitely a surprise to the delivery room in Taipei local hospital.

1 Like

#1… 3520g and #2… 4264g!

It seems to be a trend that #2 is bigger.

I believe that notwithstanding unusual circumstances, the second child is usually larger and heavier due to the experience the parents gained with the first child.

our first was just a few grams above your #1.
:ponder:

Wow… some coincidence. Our first is a girl and second a boy. Yours too? How old are they now?

Hmm… might be true but maybe also because mommy controlled her eating better the first time around.

both boys, both still in elementary school, not yet 國中

5 years old (da-ban) and 10 months! We still have a ways to go…

I don’t know about that.
I expected my first hapa kid to weigh like twice what a normal kid would.
Because of the, you know, two sets of genetic input.

Apparently I was mistaken.

She’s Taiwanese not Chinese. Also I was a heavy baby who unsurprisingly grew up to become a fat teenager.

2 Likes

Youre not fat. Your just the way God made you.
God and the cookie factory

2 Likes

Unsurprisingly? I was a big baby (some say I still am) who grew into a rail-thin teenager. Alas, if only I could have remained a rail-thin teenager.

2 Likes