Avocado on Pizza

Yay or Nay

• Yum
  • Yuck

0 voters

I’ve just contemplated life…without avocadoes.

And was I freaked.

Fellow fanatics can find Haas avos at Costco. NT$299 for a bag of five.

whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam … ice&dbid=5

Avos are, btw, my favorite pizza topping. And don’t say “yuck!”. After, and NOT before, the pizza is baked, add slices of ripe avocado, and be forever addicted.

I voted Yuk… tried, hated it. I also hate pineapple and banana on pizza, call me a purist, but my Italian friends taught me well…

I once worked on a Kibbutz that grew avocadoes. During the season it was picking them and eating them for breakfast lunch and dinner, plus the soap, shampoo, and shaving cream all seemed to be made from the stuff. Never got sick of them though.

Sounds like a good deal.

Alleycat how does an avacado cheddar cheese sammi on boer bread with a little butter and a health dollop of Mrs. Ball’s sound? Lekker, eh?

Pizza was invented when people decided to put odds and ends on bread. They then baked this bread. If those first pizza-making Neopolitans had avocado, I’m quite sure they’d have flung some green gold on their pizzas, as the cool creamy texture of avocado is a delightful balance to a crisp crust.

[quote=“mwalimu”]I once worked on a Kibbutz that grew avocadoes. During the season it was picking them and eating them for breakfast lunch and dinner, plus the soap, shampoo, and shaving cream all seemed to be made from the stuff. Never got sick of them though.

Sounds like a good deal.

Alleycat how does an avacado cheddar cheese sammi on boer bread with a little butter and a health dollop of Mrs. Ball’s sound? Lekker, eh?[/quote]

Lekker!

I have no doubt avo is up your ‘alley’ Alley… but I just rang my Italian mate… he poo poo’d the idea, and said "mama would go nuts if she saw avo near a pizza, maybe in those fancy pizzerias in the north… " blah blah blah. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about avocado, but pinneaple definitly should not go on a pizza…a big no no!!

Mesheel, what are you talking about, pineapple is great on pizza!

I really like avocado, but haven’t tried it on pizza yet…

Avacados, corn, and anchovie pizza…yummmm.

Corn doesn’t go on pizza either…gosh…how can you?!

That’s like sticking strawberries in a hamburger. Nuts.

Corn? Who said corn? What further proof do we need that nothing acid_dropper says should ever be taken seriously?

Brian

At the very least you could offer slices avocados with the tomato/buffalo mozzarella salad. mmmm

Words of wisdom.
But I’d be willing to try uncooked avo on an otherwise fairly plain pizza – marghuerita or something like that.

Prawns and gorgonzola pizza with avos thrown on after cooking. mmm. I’d order it. Haas avos are the best, but sandman’s right that avos are better uncooked than cooked.

LOVE avocados (MT’s right, I only eat the Haas ones) but shudder at the thought of them on a pizza :s I want them in my chicken sandwich! With lots of black pepper.

However, I’ve always wanted to try one of the proscuitto pizzas I’ve read about - similar concept, you take the pizza out piping hot and drape some proscuitto on it so it warms and softens a bit. I feel a proscuitto craving coming on, which I’ll put next to my avocado and brie ones…

Oh, yes, pineapple on a pizza? SO. WRONG. :slight_smile:

Yes, please.

At the very least you could offer slices avocados with the tomato/buffalo mozzarella salad. mmmm[quote][/quote]

I’m with elektronsik on this one. This would be a nice touch, though I’m sure that they tomotao/buffalo mozeralla salad can also stand just fine on its own.

I would like to try avocados on pizza. Why not?

Aside from the high-fat, chloesterol angle, sounds good to me.

Heart-Attack Special, bring it on!

Alleycat, can you get all this stuff together by tomorrow night? :notworthy:

I can; instead of Gorgonzola I’ve got Pecorino Romano. And no, I’m not putting any squid on it.