Awesome Food in Taipei?

Tradesman’s entrance only.

1 Like

Does this mean we can put it on your tab? :grin:

1 Like

They got a no cow policy unless you want to be served up as steak

That’s nice and all, but do you have any pictures??

Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I pass by that restaurant quite often on my way to and from the bike shop. Odd place to have a restaurant, but seems like it’s doing fine since you’ve been talking about it for quite awhile now and it’s still there. Gf said it’s a bit on the expensive side, so I might save it for a special occasion.

Not really odd with the location being all white collar professionals during the week with all the offices there. They are packed for lunch. Yes, it’s def not one of those cheap Korean restaurants that aren’t authentic in Taipei.

As in: “I know Andrew0409”?

2 Likes

Anyone else like EN at Sogo? Andrews Japanese pics look as good. Going there tomorrow.

Which one? Mitsui or maru?

Sigh…everybody wants their pound of flesh…

Did Anthony Bourdain ever film anything in Taipei?

He committed suicide in France overnight, evidently.

Yes, he did. Shocking news.

The Mitsui pics make me think of EN. I’ll upload pics tomorrow.

I just ate at http://www.toasteriacafe.com and had the shakshuka jaffa with a side of hummus and pita. It REALLY hit the spot. Has anyone ever had their cubano?

Oh my goodness. RIP.

Guy

Damn. Is there something in the water? Kate Spade just topped herself too.

And yes Boudain has filmed in Taipei (and in Keelung’s nightmarket) in an episode of The Layover. I’m not sure about his command of Taiwan’s history (hint: he didn’t know what he was talking about, and neither did some of his interlocutors/contacts), but you can check out a part of his visit here:

http://vimeo.com/

Add: 132236104 to the vimeo.com URL to find the video, which otherwise apparently cannot be embedded.

Guy

Many times, although not in a couple of years now because I overdid it. I like it a lot. I have no idea how traditional or authentic it is.

1 Like

I had the same thought.