Awesome Things About Living in Taiwan

If I’m out early enough, my old man neighbors are fairly friendly. Many stop and chat or at least wave when I pass.

The old women try to steal the trash bags out of your hand so they can shove their garbage inside without buying the bags we’re supposed to use. It’s not a poor neighborhood and every person living nearby can afford plastic bags.

2 Likes

Be honest you forgot their names :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

@tango42 any reason for hating forever?:slightly_smiling_face:

This morning I saw a girl on a YouBike looking at her phone crash into a guy on a scooter smoking a cigarette who had coasted through a red light.

Neither was hurt and I lol’d but then I felt sad because I realized that I may not have such a wholesome laugh for the rest of the day.

6 Likes

The East Coast
The HSR
Health care system
Taoyuan Airport is top notch
Manageable living costs
Best Hotel Hospitality anywhere as far as I know
3Cs and cheap electronics
Getting stuff fixed is cheap
Lack of red tape starting businesses
Noodle shops
Getting taxis at 7s/overall convenience of daily transactions
7’s will outlast any nation state on earth
Surf beaches that are not overrun with tourists
Alleys
Taiwan Beer and Seafood
Safety and not steeped in gun violence
attractive women and scooters
its always t shirt weather

2 Likes

Would that be attractive women on scooters, or separately?

And/or

Ahh you’re a sadist then :kiss:

Not that there’s anything wrong with that

From singapore, lived in Tokyo and now in Taipei. can’t say Taipei is the best but it’s fine for now. food’s good, prices of stuff are higher than what I expected, road’s dangerous compared to SG and TKY. Salary can definitely be higher.

3 Likes

There’s lot of people are good however some are really bad apples.
Did also experience that old women will shove their old underwear into my plastic bag so now I need to sealed it with tapes :rofl:

1 Like

Boredom. Have been to 40+ countries and lived in a few countries.

We all have our own personal preferences.

But now I like Taiwan more and more.

1 Like

This probably should be a separate thread but this has happened the last three times I’ve taken out garbage. Not the underwear part.

I dropped by bags off in a place on the curb that people usually do such but, as I was the first person to do so for the day, decided to hang around to be sure that I hadn’t missed some announcement about collection not happening, etc. A woman darted out, grabbed by bag and took off with it.

WTF.

I walked towards her and she was untying the bag (I had knotted it fairly well and she was having problems) and said that she had my bag. She appeared embarrassed or at least started and said she thought it was hers. I saw her go into a house that is worth a fair bit so she could afford bags.

A week later, in another location, a woman actually said that she could take care of my garbage for me if I wanted to leave it and go back home. Nice of her…so I handed her my food trash. She quite obviously didn’t want that but I said I was fine tossing my garbage in the truck and didn’t want to bother her. She eventually went over to a bag that a guy had set down but wasn’t paying attention to and shoved her garbage in it, spilling half of his out on the ground.

Simply people not wanting to pay for bags? I could see if they only had a few items they wanted to toss in.

2 Likes

What’s the underwear part?

Good technique to insert that at the top of a longish post to ensure it’s read in its entirety :rofl:

1 Like

You seriously read that?

Must be an urban myth but some claim to have seen some attractive girls riding scooters without undies. I’ve never seen it.

Maybe in summer

Time to buy a kilt. :laughing:

1 Like

I vote @Hanna’s shit talkin’ sassy self to be one of the awesomest things about TW (or at least this digital corner of it). :zap:

2 Likes

Forgive me for asking but does Forumosa have quite a few Divas?

Should I turn that down a notch? :flushed: