B&B rec in the mountains of Hsinchu and Miaoli counties

My wife had made reservations for Hushan, so we went with that this time. (NT$3000(?) for a four-person room, with breakfast.) I thought it was just OK. The food in the restaurant was nothing special; it would be better to go out. The tubs in the rooms were nice; but it took forever for the hot-spring water to come out hot enough to soak in. On the other hand, the water was especially silky feeling (in a good way), even for Tai’an. I liked the grounds. And the suspension bridge was an interesting feature.

On the whole, though, I think I’d take Tenglong over Hushan, at least as long as Tenglong isn’t nearly full with tour groups.

We tried that yesterday. The food was indeed good, and the atmosphere pleasant. I wasn’t crazy about the odor of dog (that being a dog-friendly restaurant); but it wasn’t too heavy and we sat next to an open window, so things were fine.

I also drove up to Cedar Wood and have added it to my list of places to stay if I ever win the lottery.

Thanks for the Cedar Wood url but way too rich for my budget. Hell one night in a room there is my 3 bedroom apartment rent for a month. :wink: Not going to happen.

I am interested in good value, quiet, nature accommodation recomendations in Tai-an and Miao-li County areas. This includes camping. Please share. For your information I usually travel with my wife, leave no trace, and try to live low. :wink: