Baby Panda Born in Taipei, Taiwanese snooze

Baby Panda Born in Taipei, Taiwanese snooze

The latest addition to Taipei Zoo arrived in the form of a cuddly baby giant panda Saturday 6th July. Weighing in a healthy 3 pounds 2 ounces, the cub has been taken into safekeeping until zoo personnel can assure a tight mother-baby bond is formed.

Taipei Zoo visitor Sandy Chen was asked about her reaction
‘Baby panda, I guess you could say it was cute, but it would have been cuter 4 years ago, it’s all a bit late isn’t it?’

Others were not so circumspect on seeing a picture of the 2 day old panda. A local policeman on duty outside the zoo gave his reaction.
‘Is that a worm? It doesn’t have any hair, urgghh’

Teenager Penny Wu and pals eating in the local McDonalds were asked their opinion
‘Baby Panda, is that a new girl group from Korea?’

Toysellers around the country have been eagerly awaiting this day for years, but so far rumours of truckloads of musty keyrings and expired Panda cookies leaving warehouses in Pingdong County have been just that. However all is not lost as The Greater Striped Lemur furry toys have been flying off the shelves. The last known remaining pair were shipped from Madagascar in a specially constructed air-conditioned ecohabitat upon signing of the Taiwan-Madagascar Mutual Recognition and Trade Agreement.

Ho Hum ! But yeah hope the thing lives. Is it going to the property of China still? All pandas (except for maybe the ones given to Taiwan) are the property of China still when sent abroad and so are all new born pandas. That’s the agreement that China demands when they send a panda abroad.

The pandas sent to Taiwan may have gotten Taiwanese citizenship though (but dont tell the commie high ups bout that).

Mother pandas do cannibalize their young occasionally, so it’s pretty important to make sure that the cub is healthy enough not to be confused for a dead one.

I think the PRC are gifting this xiao panda to the ROC. It doesn’t have to return to the mainland.

Give him a throne, a funky crown and teach him to dance to "I like to move it’ and the entire population of Taiwan will line up in front of that zoo.

it’s getting a bit more pandary

My heart is melting.

i do hope this little guy makes it :slight_smile:

is that you or the tiger in your avatar speaking?

is that you or the tiger in your avatar speaking?[/quote]

If you cover up the tiger’s eyes in that avatar, there’s a damn good duck there looking straight at you.
Or is that just me?

I hear that Duchess Kate is in labor.

[quote=“Nuit”]
If you cover up the tiger’s eyes in that avatar, there’s a damn good duck there looking straight at you.
Or is that just me?[/quote]

Oh my goodness you’re totally right! It’s unnerving.

But seriously, that baby panda…tugging on the heart strings.

Just like the puppy that rescued a kitten: buzzfeed.com/summeranne/dog- … o-save-her

[quote=“Nuit”]

how in the world did you notice that XD

[quote=“hansioux”][quote=“Nuit”]

how in the world did you notice that XD[/quote]

I saw it as a duck, the first time I looked at it. Brain couldn’t work out the round eye-things at the bottom though :blush:. Really.
Then the penny slowly dropped. But it still quacks to me everytime.

I’d like Tommy’s opinion on whether the ‘looking like a duck’ thing is intentional.
Sorry for going OT.