Baby Says the S-Word on Her Cellphone

I love her pacing around, chatting… even adding discourse markers like saying “yeah, yeah”. And then, right before she drops the bomb, that world-weary sigh.

Just goes to show how much kids learn from their parents. :slight_smile:

Baby Says the S-Word

Stupid kid doesn’t even have the phone the right way around. What a dick.

I call Trudi at lunchtime - we have “conversations”. Last month, V recorded one. :laughing:

I call Trudi at lunchtime - we have “conversations”. Last month, V recorded one. :laughing:[/quote]

:roflmao:

Trudi: hey Pop what’s going on?..What do you mean you’re on break?..You better stop playing!..You think LV diapers grow on trees?..Hey!! Don’t take that tone with me!!

(I’m assuming that’s what’s she’s saying) :smiley:

I call Trudi at lunchtime - we have “conversations”. Last month, V recorded one. :laughing:[/quote]Incoherent and drooling like a one year old as usual, but what about Trudi, we didn’t see her side of the conversation.

Linguistic Geek Warning:

I love listening to and analyzing baby conversations for their language features. The baby perfectly emulated the paralinguistic features (pacing around, facial expressions, hand motions, the sigh) as well as the pauses and discourse markers. Her babbling intonation and phonemes, however sounded a little like Mandarin than like English. But you could see her rounding her mouth to say “the word” before she actually said it.

I used to have conversations with all of my cousins when they were in the babbling stage and I still can pick up on infant signals often (I babywatch when I go out to practice my psycholinguistics skills). Infant communication and first language acquisition is what pushed me into linguistics in the first place. I’d still like to do some classes on early childhood development and speech pathology, if not a full degree.

[quote=“ImaniOU”]Linguistic Geek Warning:

I love listening to and analyzing baby conversations for their language features. The baby perfectly emulated the paralinguistic features (pacing around, facial expressions, hand motions, the sigh) as well as the pauses and discourse markers. Her babbling intonation and phonemes, however sounded a little like Mandarin than like English. But you could see her rounding her mouth to say “the word” before she actually said it.

I used to have conversations with all of my cousins when they were in the babbling stage and I still can pick up on infant signals often (I babywatch when I go out to practice my psycholinguistics skills). Infant communication and first language acquisition is what pushed me into linguistics in the first place. I’d still like to do some classes on early childhood development and speech pathology, if not a full degree.[/quote]

I thought trudi was speaking Mandarin cause I thought I hear her say “wo zhe dou” toward the end.

I was talking about the internet baby. Trudi’s well on her way to being a linguistic genius herself. What a doll!