Bachelor degree? Abitur in germany?

Hi, i have a question…
I’m from Germany want to apply a working visa i need at least bachelor degree. Is that true?
And what kind of degree would it be in Germany - Abitur???
I hope someone can help me with that.
thanks to all
Udo

No, Bachelor is an “undergraduate” academic degree, you will make it on a University or something and do it in “Maths” or “Design” or “Architecture” or anything else. German Abitur is a general school degree.

Bachelor seems like Fachhochschuldiplom to me, a German “Diplom” is more.

Check en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bachelor’s_degree if you want to know more.

If your question is in regard to teaching, I was under the impression that a bachelor degree was needed but you also had to be from an English speaking country of which Germany is not Aus/NZ/Canada/UK/Ireland/US/SA.

If your question is regarding another job then is a degree really required? I don’t believe so. I remember speaking to some Aussie guys working on the MRT a while back who were blue collar worker without degrees.

On what grounds are you applying for such a working visa? Is some company sending you over or do you want to come to Taiwan and work on your own? As what?

I think a successfully completed apprenticeship (Lehre) would be sufficient as qualification instead of a Bachelor degree, depending on the work you intend to do however, though often working experience is required.

When I set up company and had to apply for my work visa 3 years ago, the requirements were as following:

Academic Qualification ---- relevant working Experience (AFTER graduation)
Phd ---- None needed
Master Degree ---- At least one year of working experience
University Bachelor Degree ---- At least two years of working experience
Technical College ---- At least three years of working experience
High School or below ---- At least eight years of working experience

So if you have proof of relevant working experience (not sure how strict they are with the “after graduation” clause), Abitur should be enough. However, without knowing your specific situation (see Rascal’s questions), it’s really hard to give you any suggestions.

HTH
Iris

they are really strict on the after graduation clause, I have 2 years of working experience (paid internships with various companies) but its not after my Bachelor’s degree, so the government wouldn’t count them. My company tried persistently, but twice they were rejected, and even trying to talk personally to the people in charge and writing personal letters on how badly they needed me and couldn’t find anyone similarly qualified didn’t work.

:frowning:

That was this summer (July), since the laws seem to change every month here, maybe things have changed …

I hope you bathe regularly.

[quote]Survey: Smelly coworkers most annoying

November 17, 2004: 10:00 AM EST
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans find smelly co-workers to be the most annoying aspect of their jobs, according to a survey by the German business magazine Junge Karriere.[/quote]

money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news/funny/smelly.reut/

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]I hope you bathe regularly.

[quote]Survey: Smelly coworkers most annoying

November 17, 2004: 10:00 AM EST
BERLIN (Reuters) - Germans find smelly co-workers to be the most annoying aspect of their jobs, according to a survey by the German business magazine Junge Karriere.[/quote]

money.CNN.com/2004/11/17/news/funny/smelly.reut/[/quote]

Pathetic communist loser, you should better move to one of your great gulag. You

[quote=“doraemon”]I

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”][quote=“doraemon”][u][b]Pathetic communist loser, you should better move to one of your great gulag. You

[quote=“doraemon”]I