Back button not working

Having read a thread, i normally hit the browsers back button, but this currently brings up the following error message almost every time

You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

Using FF on windows XP.

Thank you for posting about this. It seems like you are reading those posts after doing a search - like the Past 24 hour searches.

This isn’t a Back Button “Bug”, it’s a new security “feature”. This is from the Changelog of the latest version of this software: [quote][Sec] Added configurable search flood control to reduce the effect of DoS style attacks [/quote]

It’s supposed to be configurable - so I’ll check if we can lower the flood control time limit

[quote=“Traveller”]Having read a thread, i normally hit the browsers back button, but this currently brings up the following error message almost every time

You cannot make another search so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

Using FF on windows XP.[/quote]I’m using mozilla and mine doesn’t do that, it sounds like yours is doing a refresh at the same time, which would cause that, instead of just using the version in the cache (which wouldn’t ask the server all over again what the new posts are). I have no idea why yours isn’t using the one in the cache. Maybe go to Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Cache and make sure it’s turned on. Mine is set to 50MB and compare blah blah… When the page is out of date.

It’s a browser problem, not a forumosa problem. Don’t change it just yet Gus, it is also saving your canaries from misconfigured browsers.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Traveller”]Having read a thread, i normally hit the browsers back button, but this currently brings up the following error message almost every time

Using FF on windows XP.[/quote]

I’m using mozilla and mine doesn’t do that, it sounds like yours is doing a refresh at the same time, which would cause that, instead of just using the version in the cache (which wouldn’t ask the server all over again what the new posts are). I have no idea why yours isn’t using the one in the cache. Maybe go to Edit->Preferences->Advanced->Cache and make sure it’s turned on. Mine is set to 50MB and compare blah blah… When the page is out of date.

It’s a browser problem, not a forumosa problem. Don’t change it just yet Gus, it is also saving your canaries from misconfigured browsers.[/quote]

Well it was working fine before the upgrade and i have not changed any of the settings.

[quote=“Traveller”]Well it was working fine before the upgrade and I have not changed any of the settings.[/quote]It was doing the same thing before the upgrade, but it’s only now it’s complaining about it. I can’t imagine you changed your cache settings so I’m confused why yours is acting different to mine, so I gave you my settings so you can check yours.

Mine works… nooooo problemooooo…