Back In Taiwan after eight years. 'Sup?

Talking food, bars, art, quirky sh8t, concerts, sports, shows…pretty much up for anything.

I heard there is now a vinyl record bar or something.

I’ll be around June 27th or so to July 10th or so.

jd :whistle:

1 Like

I’m not in Taipei but just wanted to say… Welcome back

Thank Gus. :wink:

However, given my scuba diving proclivities, I may be headed south…so suggest away. :slight_smile:

Six years ?
Almost another world then

Fill us in on yer observations when u can

1 Like

They moved the bars outside in Gonguan(that were by the Waterpark), to the riverside next to Pipe, which is cool.

Welcome back

1 Like

How much money we talking? They’re still selling stinky tofu at the night-markets. Go get it while it’s hot (and stinky)!

Thanks. How you been?

Yeah, I was in Taiwan for 18 years. Stopped with the whole Night Market scene at year three I think. Stinky tofu is OK for the first three bites then it’s garbage. Then you realize you just ate fresh garbage.

That, and I have enough money to do a bit more than that. :slight_smile:

I think you’re referring to Vinyl Decision, near Liuzhangli MRT station. It’s all right. Can be fun when they have an event on, but it’s usually dead when there isn’t one.

I like it Dead. :wink:

Does one spin one’s own, or is it a library kind of thing?

You can do both. Either take your records with you or browse the shelves and stick one on.

Interesting. Thanks. I may bring a slab with then.

Well, it took a bit longer than anticipated with a couple of delays and a plague but

8 Likes

how long will the stay be?

Longer than two weeks. I’ve already voted so, maybe heading back in November.

And why is that the first question? I just got here. When do you leave? :laughing:

2 Likes

sorry… it wa more because many of us kind of know you are in the field of education and so just wondering if this is sabbatical or you are allowed to teach class from anywhere. Sorry for the wrong interpretation.

1 Like

It’s all good, man.

I thought it was funny. But no, I am on hiatus.

Unless you wanted to spend your whole time in quarantine. :grin:

1 Like

So far it’s great. The CDC called and then hung up and another one who could speak English called back. :laughing:

5 Likes